1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 7:16 AM by ECBowen

Does this PC have good specs for after effects?

Dvogt

I am debating wether to buy the new Apple Mac pro 6 core cpu or PC that is built that has these specs:

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.5GHz processor
      • 16GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
      • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA-III hard drive
      • 120GB SATA-III solid state drive
      • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB dedicated graphics card
      • 12X Blu-ray combo drive
      • 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
      • NZXT Phantom 410 gaming case
      • 2 USB 3.0 (front), 4 USB 3.0 (rear), 4 USB 2.0
      • Front panel 12-in-1 card reader
      • 120mm closed loop liquid cooling system

I am limited to these 2 options only.

I will be using the computer mainly for video editing and some 3d work(mainly title sequences using some 3d text and). Also i will be using AFter effects for special effects such as explosions and what not.

Im really confused and a newbie when it comes to specs needed on your comp to run after effects properly. Given the 2 options, New Apple mac pro or the PC with the specs listed above. What would be my best option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Does this PC have good specs for after effects?
          ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

I would suggest the X79 platform with the 4930K 6 Core CPU or better. If you get the Asrock Extreme 9 boards then the E5 V2 Xeons up to the 12 Core Xeons are available just like the nMPro. That becomes a major upgrade option later if your workflow changes. The workstation system would also push a 780GTX or 780TI card far better. I would suggest the 780Ti btw over the 780GTX. I would definitely suggest the PC over the nMPro for Adobe especially AE at this point unless you just require OSX.

Eric

ADK