2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2014 6:15 PM by animationlife

Saving Custom Preset "Administrator Error"

animationlife Level 1

Hello Everyone.

I am trying to save a Custom Preset. I have created a new folder Inside Preset Folder for my custom presets. Also, I have selected the Effect and I click on Create a new Animation Preset. I get this Error message:

You do not have a Permission to save in this folder, contact the Administrator to obtain permission.

I have Window 8.1

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Saving Custom Preset "Administrator Error"
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without knowing anything about your permissions and other things nobody can really say much. Also the user presets are supposed to be in the respective user home folder, not the preset folder in the program directory itself. That alone could explain it...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Saving Custom Preset "Administrator Error"
            animationlife Level 1

Dear Mylenium.

I have tried saving the Preset in any folder, I still get the same Error. I created a custom folder in my presets and I got the error message, If i tried saving it outside the Presets folder After Effects gave me a Warning that

It would be better not to save outside the presets folder. I have Window 8.1.

As far as Permission, I don't know how to change the settings.

Thanks..

UPDATED:

I noticed The Error message telling me that Do you want to save it in the Computer/C:/Users/ Username.

and If I say yes, I can save the custom preset into my username folder which is wrong.

I did go back to After Effects, and I created a new movie clip and I Browsed to my username folder and I could attach the custom preset from the user folder into my after effects video.  But I want to be able to save my custom preset in my After Effects Preset folder not In my C:/Username/ User folder

Thanks.