9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 10:38 AM by A.T. Romano

Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration

Bella3

I have Premiere Elements 10 and I'm trying to make an Instant Movie.  Tried still photos and video.  I get to Theme but cannot access feature items.  Help.

• 1. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bella3

On what computer operating system are you running your Premiere Elements 10? And, does your computer use a NVIDIA Ge Force video card/graphics card? If NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card is not involved, then we can move forward into other troubleshooting approaches. There is an announcement at the top of this forum that goes into the details and fix if you fall into the group of Premiere Elements 10 users who are hit with the NIVIDIA GeForce display issues which require driver roll back rather than updating the card driver to the latest version.

Can you get to the point where you can see the following, but where the options are grayed out? Excuse the question, but I do not want to take anything for granted...have you clicked on the triangles next to the choices of Music, Speed and Intensity,....to expand the display under each (example, the way I have for Duration)?

10InstantMovie.JPG

We will be watching for your follow up to decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
            Bella3 Level 1

thank you for your prompt reply.  i don't know anything about  NVDIA cards.  As a matter of fact, I don't know what graphics card is in my laptop.  Sorry.  I'm a real newbie.   What I did recognize was your question. 

Can you get to the point where you can see the following, but where the options are grayed out?  Yes all of them are grayed out..  also, it appears that a lot of the clips are dropped.

Sharon

• 3. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sharon

Thanks for the reply and the additional details on the Premiere Elements 10 Instant Movie feature problems.

Next time could you describe what you have on the Timeline of that project?

But, I think we need to go after the NVIDIA card side of things to make sure that is not causing the problem.

Could you let us know what computer operating system we are using

Windows XP 32 bit

Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

or

Something else?

What I need for you to do is to get to the Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adapters. Under Display Adapters should be the name of your video card/graphics card. Once we know which computer operating system that you are using, I can give you more specific instructions on how to find the Device Manager if you have not already.

How would you describe your problem...it never worked before or it worked before but not now.

Thanks for the follow ups. Do not hesitate to say when you do not understand something. I will rewrite if necessary.

ATR

• 4. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                Bella3 Level 1

thank you for understanding how new I am to this.  I appreciate your patience.  I'm at a point that maybe Premiere Elements is way too complicated for me.

I'm working on a laptop with Windows 7 Home Edition

I followed your great instructions and found I have an Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

I only tried to make an Instant Movie this week and the features were always grayed out dropping clips.

Sharon

• 5. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Sharon

Thanks for the reply. You did great getting the information about the name of video card/graphics card that the computer uses. The really good news is that the card is from Intel rather than NVIDIA. The display epidemic seen here was specific to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce users. So, you are clear from that with your Premiere Elements 10 Intel.

Please retrace your steps to the Device Manager/Display Adapters/Intel and double click on the Intel name. The properties dialog for the Intel should appear. When it does, click on the Driver Tab. The information under the Driver Tab that we want

Driver Date

and

Driver Version

Another thing we want to look at,

1. Put a series of jpeg photos on the Timeline. Select them so that the Timeline photos present with the lighter color than does the unselected. (I want to be double sure those photos are selected before you go to Project header and then Instant Movie in the row below it. I am asking you to check the color of the Timeline to make sure you are looking at the selected version of the content.)

2. Then Project header, Instant Movie, select your theme, and click on Next after you have decided on the theme.

(In your troubleshooting, it needs to be established whether the problem is with just one theme or for any of them given in the Instant Movie Theme display area. So, I please repeat , trying for additional Instant Movies with different theme to see if you get the same result in the customization area.)

3. When you get to the Instant Movie/Customize this theme dialog, are you now seeing the options under the different categories after you click on the triangle to expand each categories to see the options?

InstantMovieTroubleshooting.JPG

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups. You are doing fine.

ATR

• 6. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                    Bella3 Level 1

Driver Date:  3/25/2011

Driver version:  8.15.10.2342

Under all of this I noticed check for updates.  I did and this is up to date.

I'm giving you the steps I took to create the Instant Movie from memory.  Perhaps there is something I'm doing:

1.  Open Premiere Elements.

2.  Open Organizer

3.  Check Jpegs

4.  From dropdown menu, edit with Premiere Elements

5   Premiere Elements opens, there is a yellow bar in the Timeline.  Pictures are in the upper right hand corner.  Not sure what that's called.

6.  Click on Instant Movie

7.  Pick a theme.  (I tried about six of them)

8.  The features like Music, Duration appear to be white but the explanation of each is grayed.

9.  Click on the white and voila - Nothing.

Hope this helps.  Again, thanks for your patience.

S. A. Smith

www.onrvingtime.wordpress.com

• 7. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Sharon

Thanks for the helpful information. If you have done exactly as you said, then we have our answer (if I have interpreted your steps correctly).

Let us see.

When you get to the "Customize this theme" section of the Instant Movie feature, you would be expected to see the following for your particular theme. In the example, "Broadway" theme was selected. Note that to the left of Movie (text with font color white) is a white triangle pointing to the right. You click on that triangle to open Music so that you can see its options. You do the same for the other categories which you can use to customize your Instant Movie. Clicking on Music text with the white font color is not going to do anything. Same for the rest of the categories.

InstantMovie1.JPG

Clicking on that triangle will result in the triangle pointing down rather than to the right, and the category will now

reveal its options.

InstantMovie2.jpg

Looking forward to learning if the above got the feature working for you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                        Bella3 Level 1

I just revisited my steps and found the triangle,clicked it and voila a drop down menu appeared.  It didn't occur to me to click it. Perhaps in future updates, for newbies like me,  clicking Music should create the same results.   Thank you thank you.  I really, really appreciate your time and effort.

S. A. Smith

www.onrvingtime.wordpress.com

• 9. Re: Instant Movie - Cannot access features like Music and Duration
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sharon

Wonderful news. Your latest step by step was the key. Great job of sorting through the details to get that Instant Movie feature to work for you.

We were glad for the opportunity to help you with this.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification. Setting those options to get what you want can be challenging...music and repeats and otherwise.

Best wishes.

ATR