16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2014 5:18 PM by A.T. Romano

My editor makes weird sounds!

JayKay470

My adobe elements was working fine for a few weeks but on one day when i put a video in and unpaused it, my voice got changed into a blaze( minecraft mob that makes heavy beathing noises)

If anyone finds a solution please tell me.

• 1. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is the issue that you are asking about restricted to this one video in one particular project? Or, does every one of your video imports do the same thing in a new project?

What is the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded your problem video(s)? What did you or the project set as the project preset to match the properties of the source media?

The answers will be in the details and you have not provided enough for us to help you.

Looking forward to your follow up the needed details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
            JayKay470 Level 1

1: adobe premiere elements 12 and on windows 8.1 lenovo p580

2: yes every new video that has sound included. 

3: bandisoft/bandicam.

Sample video(not edited):

• 3. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
              JayKay470 Level 1

sample video (edited):

by the way the editor was

130 dollars that came with

a photoshop.

(in the video you hear a

weird heavy breath.)

and i didnt add anything

and it takes 2x longer to

upload on youtube

• 4. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

Thanks for your follow up information on your Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit issue.

Before going further, please confirm whether or not the issue is confined to just all recently recorded bandicam video source

or just one particular bandicam video recording?.

In your introduction you seem to say that this is a "it worked before but not now" type issue. Do you have

any bandicam video from before the problem? If so, if you use it now, does it work in Premiere Elements

with or without the current audio issue?

Are the bandicam recording settings that same before and after the Premiere Elements issue set in?

We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                  JayKay470 Level 1

1: all videos that have sound, as soon as i put the video in the editor and press play it makes that sound.

2: no i don't have any working older videos because i never bothered to save it but when i did have a video

i accidently put a video edited with a editor known as windows movie maker (which was much lower class

than premiere elements) and it didnt make weird noises!

3: yes nothing changed in the settings.

• 6. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

Thanks for the additional information. Very helpful.

1. That I understand. But, by "all videos that have sound", I am understanding that we are talking about only Bandicam video. Correct or no?

2. That would have been convenient, but....

Am I understanding correctly, you have gotten a Windows Movie Maker export to import into Premiere Elements without

any weird audio noises?

If all of the above is correct understanding, is there any possibility that you could post a Dropbox link to one of your small Bandicam sample videos. I would like work with it to see if I can determine the core of your Premiere Elements audio issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                      JayKay470 Level 1

1 and 2 are correct.

and i have a question what is dropbox?

i'm sorry i deleted my past videos that failed to

work so in conclusion my video file is empty.

• 8. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

Thanks for the reply. I have never used Dropbox to send a file to someone else.But from time to time a Premiere Elements user will send a sample of a problem video by posting a link to the downloadable sample on this Dropbox sharing site. I mentioned this for non promotional reasons.

Your description gives the impression that there may be a property in the bandicam video that is conflicting with Premiere Elements. And, the Windows Movie Maker results may suggest the necessity of a file conversion of the video with bandicam origin before its import into the Premiere Elements project.

I was hoping to look at your problem video first hand to determine if it behaves the same in my computer environment as yours. But, you appear to have deleted the problem video.

What is the situation with the present bandicam output? Is it characterized by weird audio noises when imported into a Premiere Elements project or is it OK the way it used to be?

ATR

• 9. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                          JayKay470 Level 1

Well i could make another video and send both versions of the sample videos so you can check it out.

other than that I use google drive for files which is inconvenient if you don't have it installed so sorry.

well in fact i do remember changing one thing while using the screen recorder it's making a rectangle on the screen

and using OpenGL window cause when the problem didnt happen on my computer i used rectangle on screen

but then my computer was upgraded and faster i used OpenGL window and that's when it happened... the noises...

• 10. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                            JayKay470 Level 1

wait nevermind i just tried rectangle on a screen and it brought the same results maybe it's because of updates on the computer itself?

either way i could give you samples and just remember to leave your gmail so i can share it to you.

• 11. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

Please check your Adobe Private Messages for one from me regarding troubleshooting strategy.

Message just sent.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay470

I have worked with your two video samples, one before Premiere Elements 12 import and one after. If those samples are representative

of your problems, I have the answer and a suggested fix. What appears to exist is non supported MP2 audio, and the video compression gives cause for concern.  The video codec is Xvid. One does not work with Xvid in Premiere Elements (any version) without expectations for issues. The answer is to convert your Xvid.avi to H.264.mp4 in a program such as Movie Maker and then use that H.264.mp4 as your Premiere Elements 12 source video file. In the conversion the video codec, audio codec, and wrapper format are changed Xvid (MPEG-1 Layer 2),avi to H.264 (AAC).mp4.

Your before sample

Xvid.avi with audio = MPEG-1 Layer 2 (840 x 468 16:9 @ 60 progressive frames per second)

played back with video and audio in VLC Player and Movie Maker. It played back with video but no sound in Windows Media Player and presented in QuickTime Player with no video and no audio. In Premiere Elements 12 it imported with video but weird audio noises - no narration. Video and audio properties readout program indicated that all codecs were installed or not required.

Is there any requirement in your work to remain at those particular video and audio properties? What project preset are you selecting for this source whose properties should match the description the project preset?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                                  JayKay470 Level 1

Thank you i will try that.

• 14. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay

Thanks for the reply and for looking into the suggestions.

I never did get to looking at what would happened if I exported that Xvid.avi Timeline from Premiere Elements. The Xvid and the audio portion noises scared me off.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 15. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                                      JayKay470 Level 1

things look great turns out it was on Xvid because i messed with the settings a little to lower cpu lag

so thanks for helping me!

• 16. Re: My editor makes weird sounds!
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JayKay

Wonderful news that things are looking great.

Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR