5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2014 7:20 AM by almeerdaagse RSS

Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC

almeerdaagse

<p><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('http://www.anything.comt', '', 'top=20,left=20,toolbar=0,statusbar=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1')" title="title">name</a></p> works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC

[Edited Title and moved to Dreamweaver- JTS]

• 1. Re: Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC
          David_Powers ACP

How do you mean that it works with CS6, but not CC?

In Dreamweaver CC Live view, it loads the external site into the same page. In CS6 Live view, it loads it into a new tab. So there is a difference when testing in Live view. However, if you test it in a browser, it opens a new browser window as expected.

Live view emulates most of the browser features, but not all.

• 2. Re: Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC
            almeerdaagse Community Member

I am not interested in testing with live view, I only want a proper working website. I want a pop up window without leaving my website. and that works fine in CS6 with the code and nothing happens when I use the same code in CC.

also _self and _blank is not working in CC, so the best solution might be that I install CS6 on my new computer, but how do I do that as a user of CC with a monthly subscription?

• 3. Re: Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC
              Jon Fritz II MVP

You say you're not interested in Live View, but in the same breath you say something that is working in DWCS6 is not working in DWCC, that is pretty confusing since neither program has anything to do with how the browsers function and aside from Live View, there's no way to test functionality within Dreamweaver itself.

There's no such thing as a DWCS6 or DWCC version of an .html file. Code is code to the browsers. If the code is exactly the same coming out of DWCC as it is coming out of DWCS6, and one page is working while the other is not within the actual browsers, something else must be going on.

Try running your pages through the validator and see if you don't have any structural errors that could be throwing the browsers for a loop. Visit http://validator.w3.org for a listing of html errors.

• 4. Re: Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC
                David_Powers ACP

I'm not quite sure I understand your point.

I have just tested the Open Browser Window behavior in Dreamweaver CC. It creates slightly different code from Dreamweaver CS6, but it works correctly. This is what is created in the HTML:

<p>my <a href="#" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('http://www.adobe.com/','mywindow','toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollb ars=yes,resizable=yes')">link</a>

</p>

Dreamweaver CC also adds the following code to the <head> of the page:

<script type="text/javascript">

function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0

window.open(theURL,winName,features);

}

</script>

The definition of the MM_openBrWindow() function is needed in the <head> for the code to work. But it definitely works OK.

With regard to _self and _blank not working, I can't find any problem with the way Dreamweaver CC handles them.

However, if you feel happier working with Dreamweaver CS6, you can download it from the following page:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver

Open the drop-down menu under "In this version", and select Dreamweaver CS6 as shown in the following screenshot:

cs6_download.jpg

With Dreamweaver CS6 selected, click the large Download button at the top-right of the page. You can then download CS6, and install it alongside Dreamweaver CC.

• 5. Re: Code works with Dreamweaver CS6 and not with CC
                  almeerdaagse Community Member

confusing? me?

as Jon says there is no difference and David shows the different codes.

and David gives a screenshot and that is not available in the Dutch version of the website:

the dropdown it not there.

but anyway: the code that David provided was very helpful and has been implemented. My page is now working as I want it.

thanks for the help.