4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

how to remove text

frustrated adobe user99

I have added a piece of text to a movie I am making. How do I remove it?

• 1. Re: how to remove text
          A.T. Romano Level 7

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, a lot of generalizations....

a. Was this text created in the Titler of the program and is it on Video Track 2 above the movie on Video Track 1?

b. If the Titler is closed at this point, right click the Title file on Video Track 2 and select Delete from the pop up menu.

c. If you are not in a workspace with tracks, you must be in Quick or Sceneline workspace depending on your version,

In 12 Quick workspace, look for the title in the text bar (purple) at the top of the Filmstrip...right click it and select Delete.

Other scenarios, so please give details so we can target this question and get you moving forward in your Premiere Elements

project.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: how to remove text
            frustrated adobe user99 Level 1

Hi ATR, I am using 12 on a MacBook Pro.

I am newbie so I went for the easy route: clicked on "Titles & Text", and from the "General" section I dragged "Default Text" on to the monitor then typed from there. Now I want to remove that text.

Thanks much!

• 3. Re: how to remove text
              frustrated adobe user99 Level 1

I was using the Quick screen to make the film. I used the text box to put a 1-2 second "circle" above the player we were following. Thus its a very short and I don't see the "purple". I can see the purple in text I used as an intro to the tape but it is much longer.

• 4. Re: how to remove text
                A.T. Romano Level 7

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but I think that we can meet on common ground between Windows and Mac on this.

From your description, it sounds like all the work was done in the Quick workspace. The screenshots to follow reflect that. If not the case, then more details, and I will adjust the details accordingly.

After you have created your text "circle" file, be sure to close the Titler.

Quick1.JPG

The right click the text "circle" file in the Filmstrip spot, and select Delete and Close Gap.

Quick2.jpg

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Also, speaking of circles in the Titler

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Titler Shapes For Highlighting

ATR