1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 3:57 AM by Eugene Tyson

file does not have the correct plug inn while I made it in that programme

aristide2550

Ever since I joined the creative cloud and I make a file in indesign, it is possible that the next time , I will not be able to open that file again because the plug ins can not be found or because the file was not stored properly. But then the next day, I might open that file again without problems....

Any ideas how that is possible?

Thanks

• 1. Re: file does not have the correct plug inn while I made it in that programme
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The only way it could happen is if it's not the same version of InDesign.

For example, if you made the file in Adobe Indesign CC - and then attempted to open that in InDesign CS6 or earlier version then you would get a plugin error.

If you create a file in CS6 and open that in Adobe InDesign CC - it will open fine. If you save it from InDesign CC you will no longer be able to open it in CS6 or earlier.

If you need to open the files in CS6 - then export from inDesign CC as an IDML file, which will open in CS6 or earlier (up to CS4).

Can you clarify you work flow? Do you have multiple versions of InDesign on your computer?