4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 1:17 AM by AdobeScripts

vbscript cs2 characterstyle

BCRandCo

Hi,

I am trying to update a script from 2.0 to CS2 and the script is stopping at the second of the following lines. I have had no luck trying to find out what the new command should be.

Thanks.

Michael

Set myPoint = tempFrame.ParentStory.InsertionPoints

myPoint.Item(myPoint.Count).CharacterStyle = myDocument.CharStyles.Item("Style 16")

• 1. Re: vbscript cs2 characterstyle
          RobertKyle Level 2

Have you tried myPoint.item(myPoint.Count-1)?

It's been a long time since I've written any VB script, but I think it's like Javascript in that items in a list are numbered from 0 to whatever. So the last item in a 10-item list is item(9).

I think I remember that VB provides an option to start numbering at 1, if that's more convenient. Your 2.0 script might have invoked that option.

• 2. Re: vbscript cs2 characterstyle
            BCRandCo Level 1

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I never mentioned the error message:run-time Error 438: object doesn't support this property or method. I have two different text styles in this textframe. In textframes where there is only the default style and I don't have to set a character style, the text is added correctly. The -1 didn't change anything. :-(

Michael

• 3. Re: vbscript cs2 characterstyle
              BCRandCo Level 1

Problem solved. from 2.0 to CS2, CharacterStyles became AppliedCharacterStyles and CharStyles became CharacterStyles

• 4. Re: vbscript cs2 characterstyle
                AdobeScripts Level 3

RobertKyle wrote:

It's been a long time since I've written any VB script, but I think it's like Javascript in that items in a list are numbered from 0 to whatever. So the last item in a 10-item list is item(9).

In VB items are indexed from "1" - not from "0".