• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installation Troubleshooting Instructions are WRONG.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They claim that the Package Contents include a .pkg file in the Resources folder.  It is not there.  The standard update has not worked on my Macbook Pro 17" running Mavericks for 2-3 years.  I need that .pkg file to run under the Apple Installer.  I have followed the instructions and uninstalled the Flash Player.  I now have no possible access to Flash Content.  I need that .pkg file.  Does anyone know how to access it?  Will anyone at Adobe update the false information on the Troubleshooting Guide?  Adobe's policy of not providing telephone support is cruel!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

@tolsenmd

We actually make a .pkg installer for use with Apple deployment utilities.  Grabbing the .pkg from our standard .app install isn't a good idea, as it wasn't designed for this scenario and you'll run into problems (e.g. a preference panel that crashes.)  Our formal .pkg install takes care of all this and is officially supported.

The pkg is offered through our distribution agreement.  I recently wrote a blog post that details this and more, which might be of interest.

An outline of Flash Runtime installation options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found help in the thread: 

Adobe Flash Play won't install update!!!!!

The full offline installer can be downloaded from Flash Player 12.0.0.77 Plug-in (Mac OS X) .

Having uninstalled Flash Player, I simply ran this, and I believe that it was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tolsenmd

We actually make a .pkg installer for use with Apple deployment utilities.  Grabbing the .pkg from our standard .app install isn't a good idea, as it wasn't designed for this scenario and you'll run into problems (e.g. a preference panel that crashes.)  Our formal .pkg install takes care of all this and is officially supported.

The pkg is offered through our distribution agreement.  I recently wrote a blog post that details this and more, which might be of interest.

An outline of Flash Runtime installation options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The full offline installer can be downloaded from Flash Player 12.0.0.77 Plug-in (Mac OS X) .

> Having uninstalled Flash Player, I simply ran this, and I believe that it was successful.

This worked for me after:

1. downloading and running the Flash Player Uninstallier

2. manually deleting these folders

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash\ Player

~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash\ Player/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked for me i tried everything in here clean install, offline installer hundreds of times my issue was

permissions changed after 10.9.4 update this fixed all adobe issues for me including cloud apps

Mac OS X Tutorial: How To Repair Disk Permissions - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines