17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2017 10:31 AM by ddburton

Does Cinema 4D Lite support importing FBX files?

Matthew Sorrels

I've tried every FBX file I could, I've exported FBX files using every version of FBX available to me (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014) but every time I try to import an FBX file into Cinema 4D Lite (launched from AE CC, everything updated and current) I get a dialog with some options, then a second dialog with information about the available takes and animation length (which is must get from the file) and then I get an error message "Unable to read file <filename>".  Doesn't seem to matter what FBX I choose.  Every FBX file is readable by Autodesk's FBX Review app so I don't think it's the file(s).  Maxon's website seems to indicate that importing FBX was supported by the Lite version of Cinema 4D included with AE CC, but near as I can tell that's not true.  Am I missing something?  Is there some option I need to check or a specific way I should create an FBX file?  I'm running on Windows 7 64bit with current drivers and everything is updated.  I get the feeling this just doesn't work at all by design.