3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 10:38 AM by Steve Werner

Hyperlink target Indesign CC Interactive PDF

Karel -PQ-

Hi,

We're working on an Interactive PDF but strangely enough we suddenly can't work with hyperlink targets anymore. This means we can't make certain objects a hyperlink target so we can't navigate

through the document as we were used to. Any idea of how this is possible and what we can do about it?

Kind regards,

David

• 1. Re: Hyperlink target Indesign CC Interactive PDF
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're talking about Hyperlink Destinations, right? You're using InDesign CC 9.2, right? What kind of destination are you trying to set—text, page or URL?

• 2. Re: Hyperlink target Indesign CC Interactive PDF
            Karel -PQ- Level 1

Hi Steve, thnks for your quick response.

What I actually mean is the hyperlinktarget. For linking to another page of the same interactive PDF.

In Id cs6 it did exist but in id cc I cannot find it

I use id cc v9.2.2

Thnks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 12 jun. 2014 om 21:22 heeft Steve Werner <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hyperlink target Indesign CC Interactive PDF

created by Steve Werner in InDesign - View the full discussion

You're talking about Hyperlink Destinations, right? You're using InDesign CC 9.2, right? What kind of destination are you trying to set—text, page or URL?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6454011#6454011

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: Hyperlink target Indesign CC Interactive PDF
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I usually start by creating my Hyperlink Destinations by choosing New Hyperlink Destination from the Hyperlinks panel menu.

InDesign020.png

InDesign021.png

Then I create my hyperlink. In this case I started with a text frame:

InDesign022.png

I chose to link to a Shared Destination (although you don't have to):

InDesign024.png

You can test this in InDesign when the Hyperlink is selected:

InDesign025.png

When you test it in your PDF, be sure choose File > Export > Adobe PDF (Interactive) so the hyperlinks will be properly exported.