10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 11:16 AM by GraphicsGeezer

oam files in explorer

GraphicsGeezer Level 1

do oam files work in internet explorer?

• 1. Re: oam files in explorer
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi GraphicsGeezer,

How exactly are you trying to open the OAM files?

Dreamweaver Help | Import Edge Animate compositions (CC)

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: oam files in explorer
            GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I am doing everything exactly the way it is described in the link you supplied. I then upload the files to my web server and it works perfectly on a Mac or PC in Firefox and Safari but not in Explorer.

I have had three conversations about this with tech support people in India and have had the issue escalated to a higher level of support. This is the second time in several months I've gone through this procedure, and at no time have tech support people been able to solve the problem.

I have spent hours searching this forum and what Adobe charitably calls the "manual" for Edge Animate.

I even uninstalled Edge from my Mac and reinstalled the program through Creative Cloud.

I've just absolutely had it with Adobe and it's sadistic customer support. This product simply doesn't work and should be removed from the market place.

• 3. Re: oam files in explorer
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

First of all take a deep breath

Which version of IE are you referring to?

Aside from your current project issues, the best test is to do a bare bones as simple as possible project test.

Create a a new project nothing special or fancy.

Draw a rectangle animate from one x position to another x position.Thats it, nothing else.

File Save.

File Publish Settings and enable Animate Deployment Package. Don't change anything else in here.

File > Publish

Over in Dw - Insert the above Animate Package file .oam and Save. Upload to server to preview.

Did the above work??

If it did - then you need to evaluate how your current project is set up and what asset files you are using before packaging.

Darrell

• 4. Re: oam files in explorer
                GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I did exactly what you said and the results are here: http://www.wordpix.ca/EDGE/

It didn't work. So I uploaded the "edgeanunate_assets" folder as well and it worked then, but only in Firefox, Safari, etc.

It doesn't work in Explorer 8 or 9, but apparently it does in IE 10 according to Sauce Labs browser testing.

Is there an option to create a poster for IE 8 or 9? If not, the whole project is garbage.

Also a year ago I successfully created a website with heavy use of Edge Animate features but instead of publishing to an OAM file I published to the web instead. But I'm horribly confused as to what to upload since Edge seems to produce folders within folders and some of these are exact duplicates. None of the manuals or any of the help videos or anything I can find on Youtube or at Lynda,com explain this.

Occasionally I can get Edge to work this way, but updating files is awful.

This is a great program-- working with it is a dream, but it's completely useless if the output is invisible to the 30 or 40 per cent of the world still using IE 8 or 9

• 5. Re: oam files in explorer
                  Preran Adobe Employee

Hi GraphicsGeezer,

See Support older browsers with the Down-Level Stage | Learn Edge Animate | Adobe TV for Edge Animate support on older browsers.

Copying from FAQ | Edge Animate CC | Edge Tools & Services | Adobe & HTML

Has the output from Edge Animate CC proven to perform well on devices and desktop browsers?

Yes, the animated content created with Edge Animate CC is designed and tested to work reliably on iOS (iPhone and iPad) and most Android devices. The stage utilizes WebKit, which means animated content is created on a true browser surface for consistency on WebKit-enabled devices. Also, content produced with Edge Animate CC has been tested on popular desktop browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 9. For older, non-HTML5 browsers such as Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8, Edge Animate CC has a down-level stage to create fallback versions of your projects.

Please note that performance of animations are based on a number of factors, so it is possible to create content with less than optimal performance.

Thanks,

Preran

• 6. Re: oam files in explorer
                    GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Doesn't work. No poster.

• 7. Re: oam files in explorer
                      heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Did you add a Poster?

Darrell

• 8. Re: oam files in explorer
                        GraphicsGeezer Level 1

Yes