Adobe created a 9.0.1 Update for version 9 Windows and Mac. The link for the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update (Mac) is
You can download and install it from the above link with Premiere Elements 9 closed.
Have you been there and done that? What patch are you referring to when you say that you
were told "a patch update 9" comes from the Apple Store?
You seem to be suggesting that the problem that you have now happened before. If so, what
was the fix when you had the problem last?
yes this happened several times before and some how solved itself never figured out how
this is what i get with the down load
Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Updater
There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207
Also Im not exactly sure if this is the problem now because after looking through files I see the 9.0.1 update is there from 2010. I just throught I needed to reinstall it because I uninstall premiere to see if that would correct the error
Thanks for the reply.
When you uninstall Premiere Elements 9.0 to which the 9.0.1 Update has been applied, both are uninstalled. So, at reinstallation, first Premiere Elements 9 gets reinstalled and, when that is successful, then you reinstall the 9.0.1 Update.
Here are the check list for the basics for a working program. In just case, please review the list to make sure you have ruled each in or out of the problem situation you are now facing
1. Working from 9.0.1 Update and are do you have the latest version of QuickTIme installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?
2. Program works with or with the antivirus program disabled?
3. Installed and are running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges and also Run As Administrator applied via desktop icon?
4. Video card/graphics card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
5. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (also known as the settings file). That should be found Users/User name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/number of version. In the folder which has the version number as its name should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.
6. Scratch Disks reviews.
As it relates to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Mac.
The spontaneous fix of the previous episode of this issue makes me wonder if some computer updates may be factoring into this. What programs do you have automatically updating at this time?
Please review and consider and then we can decide what next. Since I am not an Elements Mac user, I am hoping to find common ground between the Windows and Mac programs to find the problem and resolve it.