4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2014 7:28 PM by A.T. Romano

serious error continues

sweetboo5 Level 1

I'm having the same old problem a serious error has occurred .... upon opening my premire element 9 on my macbook pro osi-maverick

I tried added the patch update 9.0 but can't open it because I told I can only open this if it comes from apple store

how do I resolve this

• 1. Re: serious error continues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sweetboo5

Adobe created a 9.0.1 Update for version 9 Windows and Mac. The link for the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update (Mac) is

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4930

You can download and install it from the above link with Premiere Elements 9 closed.

Have you been there and done that? What patch are you referring to when you say that you

were told "a patch update 9" comes from the Apple Store?

You seem to be suggesting that the problem that you have now happened before. If so, what

was the fix when you had the problem last?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: serious error continues
            sweetboo5 Level 1

yes this happened several times before and some how solved itself never figured out how

this is what i get with the down load

Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Updater

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

• 3. Re: serious error continues
              sweetboo5 Level 1

Also Im not exactly sure if this is the problem now because after looking through files I see the 9.0.1 update is there from 2010. I just throught I needed to reinstall it because I uninstall premiere to see if that would correct the error

• 4. Re: serious error continues
                A.T. Romano Level 7

sweetboo5

Thanks for the reply.

When you uninstall Premiere Elements 9.0 to which the 9.0.1 Update has been applied, both are uninstalled. So, at reinstallation, first Premiere Elements 9 gets reinstalled and, when that is successful, then you reinstall the 9.0.1 Update.

Here are the check list for the basics for a working program. In just case, please review the list to make sure you have ruled each in or out of the problem situation you are now facing

1. Working from 9.0.1 Update and are do you have the latest version of QuickTIme installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

2. Program works with or with the antivirus program disabled?

3. Installed and are running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges and also Run As Administrator applied via desktop icon?

4. Video card/graphics card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

5. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (also known as the settings file). That should be found Users/User name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/number of version. In the folder which has the version number as its name should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

6. Scratch Disks reviews.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS887BC37E-7FDA-42c7-A513-FA3515F267E7. html#WSDC16DBC8-0046-4725-A15D-0A80EC111B07

As it relates to Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Mac.

The spontaneous fix of the previous episode of this issue makes me wonder if some computer updates may be factoring into this. What programs do you have automatically updating at this time?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next. Since I am not an Elements Mac user, I am hoping to find common ground between the Windows and Mac programs to find the problem and resolve it.

ATR