12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 1:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall

frodron

I am told that you are only allowed a finite number of times that you can reinstall Premiere Elements 11 and I seem to have reached it.

What do I do now ?

• 1. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements

• 2. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
            A.T. Romano Level 7

frodron

If you are no able to reinstall Premiere Elements 11 after many uninstalls/reinstall, I do not think that has anything to do with an Adobe limit on the number of times you can do that. And, Adobe is not likely to assist you in the troubleshooting since you are involved with 11 which is not the current version.

So, if you would like customized help here on a user to user basis, please supply details and let us see what can be done to get you moving forward with your Premiere Elements 11 projects.

1. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

2. When you have been doing these uninstalls/reinstalls have you bothered to run ccleaner in between uninstall/reinstall to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls?

3. Are you trying to install the program from installation files or from installation disc? If from installation files, did you purchase these files from Adobe and for each troubleshooting are you doing a download and reinstall rather than reinstall of original installation files that you stored on your computer?

4. Where are you blocked in the installation process? Can you go through the installation OK and click Finish to what is supposed to be a successful installation? And, then serial number, activation, or other problems set in so that you never get to the Welcome Screen?

Please supply as much details as possible if you would like us to help.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
              frodron Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I bought Premiere Elements 11 along with Photoshop Elements 11 as a package

deal from PC World.

I have two computers both running on Windows 7 64bit, one is a laptop the

other is a standard desktop computer .

I cannot get Premiere Elements to load into either of these.

At one time or another I have had it installed in one or the other but not

at the same time.

I run CCleaner regularly.

The programme is being installed from an official disc.

I go through the complete installation including installing the serial

number, I even get an icon on my desktop.

However when I click on the icon the programme goes through  the normal

loading routine, including the loading screen, but then does not go any

further. the usual operatoing screen does not appear.

• 4. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                A.T. Romano Level 7

frodron

Thanks for the reply.

Have you looked at the issues with and without the antivirus program disabled?

Please go through some of the following troubleshooting steps in the blog post to determine if any of them works for you with your Premiere Elements 11.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

If installation from disc and the above suggested troubleshooting does not work, then let us do this.

Download and install the Premiere Elements 11 tryout from the following web site and determine if it will install and open to a project for

you as a tryout. If it does, then insert your purchased serial number in it to obtain a working copy.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

The key to this approach is to read and carry out carefully the posted "Note: Very Important Instructions" at that web site so

that you do not get an Access Denied message.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                  frodron Level 1

Thank you for you valuable assistance.

I have since downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and had some degree of

success in that I now can bring up the Welcome Screen.

However when I go on and highlight Video Editor no matter whether I

highlight New Project or Existing Project, all I get is the moving dotted

line and nothing further happens.

However I can get into the Organiser, but no matter how I try I cannot get

onto the Editor Screen.

One thing I did not mention, in both cases I have to use the United States

version on both the disc installation and the downloaded installation

(there does not seem to be a European version or U.K. version) and the

select PAL. for the programme to run in Britain.

As I said the disc was bought from PC World in Britain.

• 6. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                    frodron Level 1

I now find that I believe that the Organiser that appears is not the

Premiere Organiser but the Photoshop Organiser.

Also I find that the Premiere is installed in the Adobe file in Program

files (x86) and the Photoshop file is installed in the Adobe file in

Program files.

This is after the above installation.

• 7. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

frodron

Thanks for the reply. Lots of details to be sorted out.

1. If you have Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 installed on Windows 7 64 bit, then

a. Photoshop Elements 11 is a 32 bit application in a 64 bit system and its key files would be in Program Files (x86).

b. Premiere Elements 11 is a 64 bit application in Windows 7 64 bit and its key files would be in Program Files.

So if you found otherwise, there is a major problem. Did you use default locations during installation or customize?

2. Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 each come with its own Elements Organizer 11 if you purchase them separately and only one is on a given computer. But, when you purchase Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 and install them on the same computer, then they share the same Elements Organizer 11 catalog. So, if both Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 are on your one computer, then they are sharing the same Elements Organizer 11.

3. NTSC versus PAL. There should be a NTSC or PAL set up choice right after you insert your purchased serial number and the Adobe Licensing Agreement is OK'd. Could you post a screenshot of the dialog where you are being forced into a NTSC set up? Is there any chance that you are overlooking choices when you are downloading and installing these programs?

4. If you can get into the Elements Organizer 11 and not Premiere Elements 11, I am suspecting that you are having an activation issue.

Did you have a chance to read through the following:

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

Please consider and then we will determine what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                        frodron Level 1

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Not only did I read them but I printed them off for future reference

I set PAL whilst I was installing Premiere.

A further thing has occured in that I had a message from Adobe Application

Manager to up date Premiere Elements which I did.

• 9. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

frodron

Thanks for the reply.

There is no update for the Premiere Elements 11 version itself, like version 8 (8.0.1), version 9 (9.0.1), and most recently version 12 (12.1).

But, these versions are updated periodically for the Camera Raw feature. So, I suspect that it was Camera Raw feature that you updated. With Camera

Raw installed, you can then import the raw image format and dng images as source media in your Premiere Elements projects.

But, you can open the Camera Raw editor to edit the raw image format only when you have Photoshop Elements.

Are all your Premiere Elements 11 issues now resolved? If not, please do not hesitate to let us know, but give further details on the issues.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                            frodron Level 1

Premiere elements still will not run.

If I bring up the Welcome Screen and select Video Editor and then either

New Project or Existing Project, I get the moving line in both cases, but

after a while the moving line just stops and I am back to the original

Welcome Screen.

There is no problem with Photoshop Elements 11

• 11. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                              frodron Level 1

First of all let me thank you for your patience and then to tell you that I

have managed to get Premiere Elements 11 to run on my desktop computer.

I am now in the ludicrous position whereby I am running Photoshop Elements

11 on my laptop and Premiere Elements 11 on my desktop. I now intend to

quit whilst I am ahead.

Thanking once again for your time and effort.

Regards,

Ron

• 12. Re: Can't get my Premiere Elements 11 to reinstall
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

Appreciated the update and the good news part that Premiere Elements 11 is now installed and working on your desktop computer. Great job.

Do not give up on getting Premiere Elements 11 to install and work on the laptop as well. But, I understand your feeling about "....quit whilst I am ahead".

When and if you ever decide to give Premiere Elements 11 on the laptop another try, we will look forward to the opportunity to go over those details again and try to maneuver those details into a solution to the Premiere Elements 11 issues on that laptop.

Best wishes

ATR