5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 11:09 AM by A.T. Romano

How Do I Export Movie Clips?

MGW of Boulder Level 1

Premiere Elements 11 running under Windows 7

I want to export clips (AVI) from an hour long video.

How do I do this.

I think is has something to do with setting a "Work Area" and using "Export".  However, I can't find out how to set a work area and even with a work area set, export does not respond.

• 1. Re: How Do I Export Movie Clips?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help... see the publish & share links

• 2. Re: How Do I Export Movie Clips?
            MGW of Boulder Level 1

This gets me to the correct place to do the export.

However, I did not see how to select only a portion of the timeline to export.

• 3. Re: How Do I Export Movie Clips?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW

If you question goes to the selective export of Timeline content, then this is your answer. It has two vital components.

First Important...you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment of the Timeline that you plan to export.

To set the gray tabs...move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment. Hold down the Alt key of the computer

main keyboard as you click on the left bracket key [.....then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment. Hold down the Alt key as you click on the right bracket key ]

Second Important...in the export settings in Publish+Share/Computer/....., there needs to be an option to "Share Work Area Bar Only" next to which you place a check mark.

When those two critical requirements are met, you should get your selected export.

Focus....

Gray Tabs of Work Area Bar Edit area

WorkAreaBar1.JPG

Share Work Area Bar Option in Export

WorkAreaBar2.JPG

Please let us know if you need any supplemental information on your Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit) workflow.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How Do I Export Movie Clips?
                MGW of Boulder Level 1

GREAT!

I was missing the "Alt - Left bracket" and "Alt - Right Bracket" steps.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: How Do I Export Movie Clips?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for reporting back on what worked for you. Your report will be a contribution to others in the same situation.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions about your Premiere Elements workflow at any time.

Thank you.

ATR