3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 3:49 PM by JJMack

Image Processor Pro won't run in PS6 using Window 7 OS.

cindyhendrickson

Trying to run IPP on a Windows 7 OS in PS6.  I select my images in bridge and run the script IPP. Photoshop pops up and a blank white screen appears and nothing else happens.

• 1. Re: Image Processor Pro won't run in PS6 using Window 7 OS.
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Scripting was an extra down for PS7 and the first version of Photoshop to have scripting support PS6 has no scripting support.  The Image Processor Pro script uses newer scripting features like Plug-in support that was added in CS3 and I think Image Processor Pro needs newer then that like it may only works with CS5, CS6 and CC. I use it with CS6 and CC... I do not usr the installer I extract the zxp file and install manually. There are a couple of minor issues the X is working on Alpha Channels in PSD files and some TGA and BMP support... Adobe has pull Russell Brown off of Photoshop  and X is feed up with Adobe.. Make sure you have the latest version of the script... I use Windows 7 Pro OS...

Capture.jpg

CS5/CS6 Script:

Dr. Brown’s Services 2.3.1

Dr. Brown’s Services is a collection of time-saving utilities for designers and photographers. Use the new CS6 Extension Manager to install both the Mac and PC versions. If the Extension Manager does not work on your system, use the manual installation process instead. Installation will require that you be in the ADMINISTRATOR mode on a PC.

This installation includes:

Image Processor Pro

Stack-A-Matic

Place-A-Matic 8-bit

Place-A-Matic 16-bit

Trouble Shooting

Having trouble with any of my scripts? Then be sure and try my "JUST FIX IT" http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html#Fix_Itscript that will remove all the damaged preference files. This could to the trick to solve your issues.

IMAGE PROCESSOR PRO

STACK-A-MATIC

PLACE-A-MATIC

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Installer

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Installer

• 2. Re: Image Processor Pro won't run in PS6 using Window 7 OS.
            cindyhendrickson Level 1

Whooopps my mistake...  I am running CS6 (not ps6) and Windows 7.  I've used IPP for a couple years AND LOVE IT on my xp/CS5 machine.

From bridge I run IPP... it opens PS6 and than a white blank screen appears.  I've notice that the "workspace - Essentials" grays out and seems to freeze just before the white screen appears.

I've dumped IPP from my system a couple times and have reinstalled. It works fine with the fresh install, but as soon as I start loading in PS/Bridge Preferences it stops working.  ughhhh.

• 3. Re: Image Processor Pro won't run in PS6 using Window 7 OS.
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Do you have all the windows updates installed and do you have the latest device drivers installed for your display's  adapter and is your CS6 updated menu Helo>Updates... ?