Exit

How to get flash player to install correctly

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

my name is Patryk and I need help installing adobe flash player on my computer:

So i download it and when i click on it it pops up with a screen that looks like its the background for the installer window, but I don't see any text, nor installation buttons. I tried to reinstall all of my browsers, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, but with no success.

I have Windows 7  64 bit installed on my Optiplex 755 computer. It seems like the installer is broken some how or another.

photo.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My WinXP laptop does the same thing!  Now Flash doesn't work for any application at all, and I have full Administrator privileges...I've uninstalled & re-installed dozens of times, but same thing as above happens and get error message that it Failed To Register.  Just great...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my Mesh Windows 7 64 bit system. Solved by clicking on the link on the right hand side of this page and downloading, then running the correct version of the full program, 17.7 mb (rather than the stub install, 1.0 mb). see:- Re: how do i install flash player on a different computer that has no internet access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the link you refer to.

Have Shockwave Flash 13, trying to get 14.

Win 7 Pro (64b), Firefox 30.

All the download sources I've been able to find send me to the GUI which only downloads a 1mb stub.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the replies; I'm quite surprised that this post generated this many replies, thank you all so much!

My problems started when IE tried to update to FP 14.

I did get my issue fixed; I used the Flash Player Uninstaller (found here: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe), then restarted my computer.

I went to the Flash Player Archives page (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html), and downloaded the ZIP file under "Release and Content Debugger archives" of the last known good-working version (for me it was 13.0.0.214, released 5/13/2014).

This ZIP file contains 2 different versions for IE, Firefox, and Mac; one folder contains the normal versions, which didn't work for me....I kept getting the same error messages and had to keep using the Uninstaller, then restart computer, etc...

BUT, in the "Debug" folder, with the debug versions of FP, I first installed the IE version (typically named "flash_player_ax_debug.exe" or something similar with the ax designator), this installed just fine and now everything works again!  I then updated Firefox with the other debug version, and everything works fine again.

I don't know if this will work for any other problems, but it worked great for me after having similar issues as the OP.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines