10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2014 10:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements will not install!

octopodian@yahoo.com

Uninstall, reinstall the result is always the same; I end up with error: 1.  Very frustrating.  Does anybody know how I can fix this?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi octopodian,

This is the Premiere Pro forum. I'll move it to the Premiere Elements forum.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the exact error message that you are getting presumably during some phase of the Premiere Elements installation?

How far into the installation do you get when the error occurs.

Have you gone through the typical drill

a. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements?

b. Running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges and Run As Administrator?

c. Is version updated if update exists?

d. What video card/graphics card? Is it up to date?

e. Have you deleted the settings file?

f. When you did the uninstall reinstall was the sequence Deactivation or Sign Out, Uninstall, ccleaner run through, Reinstall?

I have lots more troubleshooting thoughts customized to the details that you supply.

We will be watching for your follow up in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
              octopodian@yahoo.com Level 1

Dear A.T. Romano

Thanks for the reply.

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit on an HP Touchsmart with i3, HD

graphics (not discrete) and 8 Gigabytes RAM,all drivers are up-to-date.

I could not get Quicktime to start today so I uninstalled it with Revo

and downloaded a new file.  I installed it with no change.  It still

will not open.

Premiere Elements has been uninstalled and reinstalled though not as an administrator.  The configuration error says to uninstall and reinstall again and shows Error:1 when I try to open it.  I uninstalled Premier Elements again with Quicktime still not working.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!

I know that but Premier Element is hidden.  I cannot find it.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

Thanks for the reply.

The QuickTIme issue may be our clue here; so let us explore that.

Both Premiere Elements (any version) and QuickTime (from what I have read) need to be run from a computer User Account with Administrative Privileges.

So, I am speculating that if you install and run Premiere Elements and QuickTime from a User Account with Administrative Privilege, both programs will work.

Please see

Control Panel/User Accounts and Family Safety/User Accounts. Do you find the User Account that you are currently using, and does it have the word Administrator underneath your ID there?

If you can get a the desktop icon for QuickTime, right click the QuickTime icon and select Run As Administrator.

Let us get this factor ruled in or out.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...what version of Premiere Elements are you using? I see the computer operating system mentioned by not the Premiere Elements version involved.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!

Thanks, I've done that, results unchanged.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

Are you still in the situation where QuickTime is not working as well as Premiere Elements? Or is it just Premiere Elements which is not working at this time?

Please indicate which version of Premiere Elements you are using? I see that it is on Windows 7. But I still have not found the version of Premiere Elements listed in any of your posts.

If QuickTime is still not working, how far do you get with QuickTime.

a. will not install

b. will not open from the desktop icon

c. opens to the home screen but features are not active

d. other

Are you downloading the latest version of QuickTime from the following link?

Apple - QuickTime - Download

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!

Dear ATR,

I really appreciate your efforts.

Premiere Elements 12.

Latest version  Quicktime, downloaded from Apple and uninstalled twice.  When I click on desktop icon nothing happens. BTW iTunes updated without a hitch.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

I think the answer is getting QuickTime working.

Please check out the following document on QuickTime troubleshooting and see if there is anything

in it that helps.

Issues installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows

See the solution that one QuickTime user used

Quicktime won't start on Windows 7: Apple Support Communities

Think about downloading and installing an older version of QuickTime and determine if that works.

Old and New Version of Quicktime Player Download - OldApps.com

I have used successfully the QuickTime Alternative 1.81 that is used with the MPEG Streamclip, and even that

QuickTIme Alternative 1.81worked in my Windows 7 64 bit to met the Premiere Elements QuickTime requirement.

More later.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements will not install!
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

After I replied to your post  numbered 9 in this thread, I noted that you now have running essentially side by side a duplicate of the issue in the thread with the link

Still battling Premier Element installation.

Duplicate threads tend to be confusing for the person with the issue as well as to those trying to help.

The same people seeing this thread see the other one.

A moderator may be closing the other thread whose link is shown above.

ATR