4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2007 8:32 AM by Newsgroup_User

Font

_flashNewbie
      Hi All-

I have Fireworks 8.0 and whenever I'm creating graphics with certain fonts they appear pixelated. Can anyone give a hint as to why this is always happening to me? They especially happen when I use TTF (True Type Font).

Thank you,
      Flash
        • 1. Re: Font
          Level 1
          Speaking of which, what system architecture you are working with your Fireworks 8.

Cheers, Brian

quote:

Originally posted by: _flashNewbie
          Hi All-

I have Fireworks 8.0 and whenever I'm creating graphics with certain fonts they appear pixelated. Can anyone give a hint as to why this is always happening to me? They especially happen when I use TTF (True Type Font).

Thank you,
          Flash
          • 2. Re: Font
            _flashNewbie Level 1
            Hi Brian-

I'm working on a PC...not sure if answers your question.
            Flash
            • 3. Re: Font
              Level 7
              _flashNewbie wrote:

> Hi All-
              >
              > I have Fireworks 8.0 and whenever I'm creating graphics with certain fonts
              > they appear pixelated. Can anyone give a hint as to why this is always
              > happening to me? They especially happen when I use TTF (True Type Font).

Make sure that you have anti-aliasing turned on, and that the canvas
              magnification is set to 100%. Note that Fireworks displays things the
              way they will appear on screen after they are exported. Really delicate
              fonts with hairline thin extenders and serifs will not work well in Web
              graphics.

--
              Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              http://www.projectseven.com
              Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
              http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              • 4. Re: Font
                Level 7
                Also check and make sure you are not using any pixel fonts. These are
                supposed to look like that.

alex

_flashNewbie wrote:
                > Hi All-
                >
                > I have Fireworks 8.0 and whenever I'm creating graphics with certain fonts
                > they appear pixelated. Can anyone give a hint as to why this is always
                > happening to me? They especially happen when I use TTF (True Type Font).
                >
                > Thank you,
                > Flash
                >