1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2014 10:41 AM by A.T. Romano

HD tape leaving interlaceing lines how do I get a clean dvd ?

Gregory D. Watts

I am trtying to make a dvd from a HD tape. There are interlaceing lines when there is movement. What can I do to get rid of them.

• 1. Re: HD tape leaving interlaceing lines how do I get a clean dvd ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gregory D. Watts

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, generalizations....thinking NTSC setup

HDV data capture firewire into the Premiere Elements Capture window is giving you MPEG2.mpg (1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 @29.97 interlaced frames per second). But with a destination of DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, an important factor for this interlaced source video is Scan Order, also known as Field Order, which is Upper Field (Top Field) first. The DVD-VIDEO format is characterized by Scan Order Bottom Field (Lower Field) first.

Assuming you used the NTSC HDV HDV 1080p30 project preset, when you have your MPEG2.mpg on the Timeline, right click the file, select Field Options and then Reverse Field Dominance. Depending on the results, you could also look at Always Deinterlace.

If any flicker is involved, then please see selected clip and Motion Panel expanded and the Anti-flicker Filter there.

Alternatively, for selected clip, see Field Options/Flicker Removal.

Please review, consider, and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR