2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 2:52 AM by creativegb

Adobe's non-debugged Updates ca

creativegb

Hi,

I am using Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) and IE8.

My Adobe's Flash Player was working well till yesterday evening.

Today morning, when I started my computer, Adobe prompted me to install an Update for Adobe Flash Player -- wrongly TRUSTING Adobe, I tried to Install the same. But it failed with the following Error Message:

"Failed to Register".

And my Flash Player plugin, too, stopped working on all websites that I tried to open with IE8 (these work when opened with Google Chrome) -- I have to use IE8 also because I have to TEST my own uploaded website.

After visiting several Help sites of Adobe and trying all the Suggestions contained therein (including downloading 'Uninstall' and 'Install' Applications) and, thus, wasting about 0.4GB of my Internet Quota of 3 GB + 1 hour of my valuable Time, I tried to 'Contact' Adobe -- that, too, failed and I have landed up at this Forum via Adobe 'HELP'!

WHY DOES ADOBE FORCE UPON UNSUSPECTING USERS AN UPDATE THAT HAS NOT BEEN PRE-TESTED & DEBUGGED PROPERLY?

WHY CAN ADOBE NOT SIMPLIFY ITS 'SUPPORT' PROCESS -- INSTEAD OF SENDING A USER ROUND-N-ROUND TO VARIOUS SITES AND FORUMS?

This shows utter lack of Social Responsibility on the part of the Company -- I would prefer to go in for an open-source alternative to Adobe's Flash Player, from any reliable source.

I uninstalled Adobe's Flash Player v.14 (via Windows' Add/Remove Programme) and also with Adobe's 'Uninstaller' -- which I had downloaded during my aforesaid experiments. I downloaded from Adobe's Archives Adobe Flash Player v.13, and installed it -- both .msi and .exe files. The Installation was described as "successful".

Then I tried to open a website which has Flash  (.swf) file embedded in it, my Browser prompted me for installing an Add-on from Adobe. So, I clicked 'OK'. But Installation failed with an Error Message:-

"Failed to Register ActiveX ..."

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player v.14 again with Adobe's 'Uninstaller' (supra) and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player v.13. But the website with embedded Flash (.swf) file FAILED to render the Flash.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP -- ONLY IF YOU HAVE A VIABLE SOLUTION OR A RELAIBLE ALTERNATIVE TO ADOBE'S FLASH PLAYER, TO: creative.versatile@yahoo.com

Thanks & Regards,

Dr (Wg Cdr) G Kumar