6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 3:03 AM by pfg84

Double sided duplicate printing Indesign - 1,1,2,2,3,3 etc

pfg84

I have a sign which I have created to mark 100 different competition entries (sandcastle building competition), each page has a page marker as the entry number, so that when I create a new page it has the corresponding number on that page.

I need to print these pages as double sided signs, so the same sign will be on each page i.e printing sequence 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5, etc.

I have figured out a few ways of doing this which all seem a bit over complicated. I could print them all out and feed the paper back into the printer to print on the same paper twice. I could manually type out the sequence for 100 pages or I could import the duplicated PDF and manually place the corresponding page after its twin. OR I create a indesign file with thread frame linking to the previous page and double side print this, again a bit tedious.

Not overly fussed about the workload but there must be an easier or better way of doing this double sided/duplicate or step & repeat printing?

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated, i'm quite curious about this!

Thank you in advance,

Paul

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 16.02.25.png