6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 12:36 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?

jsgmax

What gives here? I'm on a MacBook Pro - latest system & latest update to elements.  I was liking Elements 12 until I got to the audio. I just want a little reverb / room ambiance on a narration track and the NewBlue audio polish adds static to the track at the same time.  Also, why no simple reverb control, or graphic eq, or other normal audio goodies? Really cripples a program, which otherwise is fairly sophisticated.  Am I missing something?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jspmax

This is not Adobe. Just a user to user forum. If you want to communicate your Premiere Elements feature requests to Adobe, you might consider doing that through its Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

I think that I see your problem in that you want a Reverb effect, it is a Windows Only Premiere Elements audio effect, and you are trying for a workaround on Mac with the New Blue Audio Polish audio filter which is said to have an Ambience option. Is that correct?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS4B8135DA-083C-42eb-B09E-65070ECBC889. html#WSF8CBE888-6702-4f8b-A85E-71B4B1531883

The New Blue Audio Polish Ambience setting has a range of 0 to 100. What is the setting that you are using and end up with static?

I have explored created some narration clips and applied the New Blue Audio Polish Ambience filter to it and adjusted just the Ambience option. I have not encountered any static as part of the result.

Do you have the same problem static if you use the New Blue Audio Polish on other than a narration clip? And, is this narration clip created with the program's Narration Tool or created from a 3rd party software?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
            jsgmax Level 1

thanks for your help. OK, this thing is driving me crazy.  After fiddling with it, re-starting computer, etc. it continued the problem...however, just came back from lunch and tried again...and it's working fine.  I've had a lot of glitches with this program...seems pretty buggy.

For what its worth, original problem: I was trying to get a touch of life into a narration recorded in a very 'dead' room using the narration tool.  The ambience setting was definitely giving me the effect I need but was introducing popping static noises. thought it was the mic at first, but it was OK & static stopped after removing the filter effect. Also, the filter was set to default settings...pretty low on the ambience - 11.

Appreciate your reply. Hopefully it will not recur.

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
              jsgmax Level 1

Actually, let me add, that adjusting the ambience tool in newBlue did not effect the presence of the static...nor did any of the other settings.  And, I was getting the static through earbuds and my MacBook speakers.

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jsgmax

Thanks for the updates with the great news that the issue resolved and you were able to get the audio effect that you sought.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user who tries to find some common ground between Premiere Elements Windows and Mac to get at the core of these issues. Consequently I cannot speak specifically to your Mac computer sound system and how it may or may not be factoring into this.

When you were first working on this issue did you include any side mini test runs to see if the problem disappeared in a new project? But, as it turned out, the result of that may have been confusing since the problem resolved itself in the project with which you were working. What type of connections are involved - wired or wifi or bluetooth?

Congratulations on your success.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
                  jsgmax Level 1

I'm not sure congrats are in order for random success...but at least it's working.  I kind of feel like they're not keeping on top of their Mac version...a lot of glitches and odd omissions. Connection was wired, and occurred through internal notebook speakers and earbuds.

It does seem that most of the glitches (though not all) I've encountered are on the audio side.  I was one of those with the disappearing audio tracks after narration problem...& you steered me to the right work-around on that one.

thanks

Steve

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 12 MAC - newBlue Audio Polish causes static?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Very disturbing to me is that business with the loss of sound from the numbered audio tracks and soundtrack when narration is added to the Premiere Elements project with its Narration Tool. But, this is happening with Premiere Elements 12 Windows and Mac. Good new or bad news - I cannot reproduce the issue to see what it is all about. When this type of issue was first posted, my first impression was that it was one of a kind. That has proven not to be the case from October 2013 until now. But, we do have the workaround from a Premiere Elements user.

Right now your Premiere Elements New Blue Audio Polish audio effect issue appears to be one of a kind that has conveniently resolved itself. Time will tell whether the issue that you presented with reappear for you and/or be reported by other users as well moving forward.

We will be watching for further developments with regard to these Premiere Elements Windows and Mac audio issues and reporting on them.

ATR