• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parameter is incorrect

New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have searched this forum and found a smiliar thread address our problem, but have not had any luck fixing it and are hoping someone can provide us with additional information...

My co-worker is using RoboHelp 6 to create a project and, when she tries to delete a topic, a window appears telling her that the parameter is incorrect. Four of us are using the package, and she is the only one experiencing this problem. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

We attempted to delete the file from Windows explorer, but when we opened RoboHelp 6 HTML, the file is marked for deletion (red X). We attempted to try the reengineer process, but we were unsure about how to proceed.

I copied the project to my system, and sure enough - I could not delete these files either (even though I tested to ensure I could delete files from other projects that I had created).

I then created a new project and imported the wanted files into the new project and passed the project back to her to continue with development.

It is not an isolated incident with her - she has a couple of other projects where this is happening...

Any advice on why it is happening and how to avoid it in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a total shot in the dark. I had this error once but it was unrelated to file deletions. However, my notes on it state that a cause of the error can be too long of a path name. That would make sense with it affecting only one user.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LNT1

Do you still have a copy of the project giving the problem?

If so could you please help us as I have been in touch with Adobe on this one and the problem at the moment is not being able to replicate the error?

Would you be willing to send me a copy of the project together with the full path on your colleague's PC to that it can be mimicked exactly? If you are, please email me offline and I will let you have instructions so that you can FTP it. Alternatively, perhaps you would be happier sending it direct to Adobe. Just let me know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp