6 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2007 11:38 AM by Newsgroup_User

text question

Level 7
      FW8

Is there a "fit boudning box to text" command somewhere? I have a couple
      dozen one or two-word phrases that I want to space out exactly. I can use
      the align tools to do this except that the text boxes are all wider than the
      actual text they contain. The "space evenly horiz" command uses the
      bounding box, not the width of teh phrase.

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: text question
          Level 7
          Sorry I have no solution, just to chime in that I have often wanted to do
          this, so am interested also. I guess one question to ask is whether having
          the bounding box be larger harms anything? In most cases, I find it does
          not cause issues.

Tony

• 2. Re: text question
            Level 7
            Alexander Ross wrote:
            > FW8
            >
            > Is there a "fit boudning box to text" command somewhere? I have a couple
            > dozen one or two-word phrases that I want to space out exactly. I can
            > use the align tools to do this except that the text boxes are all wider
            > than the actual text they contain. The "space evenly horiz" command
            > uses the bounding box, not the width of teh phrase.
            >
            > Thoughts?

Alexander,
            If you don't need to edit the text any longer, you could convert the
            text to paths.

SKB
            • 3. Re: text question
              Level 7
              I thought of that ... but on this project I have yet to convert my text to
              paths without the phone ringing 45 seconds later asking for a change. Oiy!

• 4. Re: text question
                Level 7
                Alexander Ross wrote:
                > I thought of that ... but on this project I have yet to convert my text
                > to paths without the phone ringing 45 seconds later asking for a change.
                > Oiy!

:)
                • 5. Re: text question
                  Level 7
                  Anthony Bollinger wrote:

> Sorry I have no solution, just to chime in that I have often wanted to do
                  > this, so am interested also. I guess one question to ask is whether having
                  > the bounding box be larger harms anything? In most cases, I find it does
                  > not cause issues.

I find that it causes issues when I want to center something via the
                  Modify > Align commands. The bounding box rather than the text gets
                  centered. Depending which font you are using, the text can be pretty far
                  off from the position you are aiming for.

--
                  Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
                  --------------------------------------------------------------
                  http://www.projectseven.com
                  Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                  CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                  http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
                  --------------------------------------------------------------
                  • 6. Re: text question
                    Level 7
                    Thanks for a particular. I think similar things have happened to me (just
                    not on the current project 8*D). Sounds like it's time to hit the wish list
                    . . .