1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 2:11 AM by CR Henderson

NIK HDR Efex Pro 2 anomaly with Photoshop CC

CR Henderson Level 3

Every time I use HDR Efex Pro 2 to create a HDR when I return to Photoshop CC the preview in brush size/hardness is missing.

To recreate the error, execute Photoshop CC, open 5 files to create a HDR.  Select one of the files and while pressing Control and Option click and drag on the image.  Notice that the brush outline also displays a pattern, default is red, showing the brush area.

Execute HDR Efex from Photoshop CC, create the HDR, select vignette from the Landscape set of presets.  Return to Photoshop CC. Select any brush and while pressing Control and Option click and drag on the image.  Notice that the brush outline shows but the brush pattern is no longer presented.

The only way I've found to restore the pattern is to either delete the Photoshop CC presets or copy a good preset file over the faulty one.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem without copying a file?  I've already reported this to Google, but haven't received an answer from them yet.

• 1. Re: NIK HDR Efex Pro 2 anomaly with Photoshop CC
          CR Henderson Level 3

I notice I failed to list my system...Late-2012 i7 iMac, 3TB Fusion, OS X 10.9.3, 32GB RAM.

Update.  Google has confirmed the problem and I find it also exists in Photoshop CC 2014.

After some testing I've discovered a slightly inconvenient work around that works in Photoshop CC 2014, I haven't tested it in Photoshop CC

A 'simple' work around is to select Preferences->Performance... then uncheck "Use Graphics Processor", click OK to exit preferences,  select Preferences->Performance... and check the "Use Graphics Processor" box again, quit Photoshop, restart Photoshop.  The brush pattern is again shown.