5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2014 11:55 AM by A.T. Romano

I cannot open the editor.

Gephart41

I bought the disc.  Installed it, registered it and now cannot get into the editor.  I was able to earlier.  Following the forum discussion, I downloaded a trial version and put in my serial number.  Of course it uninstalled the program I had loaded with the disc.  I still cannot open the editor.  What do I do?

• 1. Re: I cannot open the editor.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gephart41

Please tell us what version of Premiere Elements that you have and on what computer operating system it is running on. If your "editor" represents Photoshop Elements, you have posted in the wrong forum.

Whatever the case, I would start with a "clean slate". Uninstall the program via Control Panel route, do a ccleaner run through to get rid of any leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls, and the reinstall the program with anti-virus and firewalls disabled.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

The above is assuming a Windows computer in use. Suggestions will be fine tuned after you supply the appropriate background information regarding program and computer.

Also, please review the content of the following blog post on Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements Editor not opening...

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

We will be watching for your follow up information. If this is a Photoshop Elements based question, you should post your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator here to see your thread and move it from here to there.

Photoshop Elements

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cannot open the editor.
            joseph.reilly

elements 11 and the operating system is windows 7

• 3. Re: I cannot open the editor.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

joseph.reilly

Thanks for the follow up information, but is that "elements 11" = Photoshop Elements 11 (photo editor) or Premiere Elements 11 (video editor)?

Have you read and tried the troubleshooting suggestions in the blog post cited in post numbered 1?

More details after you have confirmed whether the problem is with Premiere Elements 11 or Photoshop Elements 11 or both?

Looking forward to your follow up and working with you to get to a solution.

ATR

Add On...I just realized that you are not "Gepahart41", originator of this thread. Are you Gepahart41 using a different Adobe ID or a Premiere

Elements user with the same problem? Depending on how the details of your specific situation evolve, it would be to your advantage and that

of those replying to start your own new thread. It gets very confusing navigating through the thread Q&A back and forth when customizing a reply to a question.

• 4. Re: I cannot open the editor.
                joseph.reilly Level 1

i am not that good with computers

• 5. Re: I cannot open the editor.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

joseph.reilly

Do not under estimate your skills. Right now we are answering your questions in the new thread that you started at my suggestion. The following "contact an expert" link will take you to your new thread with your question

contact an expert

I can guide you through what needs to be done. I would suggest starting with the renaming of the SLCache and SLStore Folders. There is a step by step in the blog post cited in the other thread. And, we can fine tune that information further for you as needed.

You can try to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat with the link that John gave you in that other thread. When he posted that suggestion, he apparently did not know what version of Premiere Elements that you had. But, as I pointed out in that other thread, you are not likely to get help from Adobe since you are working with Premiere Elements 11 which is not the current version. You can verify that by trying the Adobe Chat link.

But, if it turns out as I suspect it will, your help is here in this user to user forum.

We will meet you back in your own new thread whose link appears above.

Thank you.

ATR