7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 7:18 AM by petergraffiti

pause after transition in slide show

petergraffiti

When using the auto creat a slideshow in Elements organizer I have a fade between slides and a pan and zoom during them. How do I stop the slight pause between the Fade and the Pan and Zoom. It seems not to be there during preview but is when the slides are rendered either to a file or to Premiere Elements. I want the pan and zoom to start with the slide not after the transition.

• 1. Re: pause after transition in slide show
          A.T. Romano Level 7

petergraffiti

What version of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system are they running? Probably some version of Windows since the Mac counterpart does not have a slideshow in the Elements Organizer.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are using Elements Organizer Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor.

How are you outputting the slideshow there

a. to take it to Premiere Elements - Output option = Edit with Premiere Elements Editor

or

b. Output option = Save As A File Movie WMV with the appropriate File Settings/Slide Size for the WMV set beforehand....if this route, what is the

Slide Size that you are selecting.

It is not uncommon for transitions/pan & zooms created in the Elements Organizer not to travel all that perfectly to

Premiere Elements. If that is the case, consider doing the pans and zooms in Premiere Elements with its Pan and Zoom Tool

and then applying the transitions there. The only drawback with this idea, if you prefer a "random transition" is that Premiere Elements does not have an option for "random transition" whereas Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor does.

We may also need to talk about pixel dimensions of the photos and project preset being set in Premiere Elements by you or the program.

Reply will be fine tuned according to further details from you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: pause after transition in slide show
            petergraffiti Level 1

ATR

Thanks for the reply

I am using Elements 11 on Windows 8.1

I am using the elements organizer to create the slide show and outputting to Premiere Elements. I have also tried outputting directly to WMV but I need to add other bits in Premiere Element. I am finding that the screen dimensions a bit limited as I would like to be able to output as wide screen. I do not need random transitions.

I will look at the pan and zoom in Premiere Elements, I had not found that yet.

I am also having problems with moire effects on diagonal lines as it Pans so I would like to control the pixels better. I am looking at output files to solve this problem.

thanks again @

• 3. Re: pause after transition in slide show
              A.T. Romano Level 7

petergraffiti

Thanks for the update.

Premiere Elements 11 and 12 both have control over setting the project preset based on the properties of the first drag to Expert workspace Timeline. Sometimes it does it correctly, sometimes not. In the not cases, that is when you set the project preset manually before you send the Elements Organizer slideshow to Premiere Elements. How to for that is found in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

Be sure to use the Elements Slideshow Editor's 11 Output option "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor". This will allow you to use the Premiere Elements 11 command of Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow for significant further edits if necessary.

Premiere Elements 11 Pan and Zoom Tool information

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSeffff8bffc802084-494411db12fd35452dd- 8000.html

Some things to look at in photo preparation...

a. Please let me know the pixel dimensions of your photos and how many photos? Is your intent a NTSC DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc? Any videos in this slideshow? I have some ideas on getting the best possible end result that you may not have seen elsewhere. With those details, I will plot a course of action for you to try to determine - great idea or major dud.

Thanks again.

ATR

• 4. Re: pause after transition in slide show
                petergraffiti Level 1

ATR

Thanks for the links.

As far as I can make out the Create Slide Show only produces standard format output. Even when using the additional Save settings you can  Browse for and selecting Widescreen HD  (when creating .wmv) It add black space to each side.

The moire  (or combing) I think I have solved as I was exporting to a slightly different screen format.

I was using original image sizes 3805 x 2537 and 3264 x 2448 for the slide show and 1600x1200 for a time lapse section.

I then decided to convert them to have a max dimension of 2000 x 1500 in the slide show and crop the time lapse images to 1280x720.

The time lapse images needed to be the right fit on import and the images for the pan and zoom had a bit of space for the panning and zooming. This helped rendering times.

I decided that adding the pan and zoom by hand was the only solution as I could not get the Create Slide  show to do wide wide screen/HD.

Is there any way of setting and batch applying the default transition for the Pan and Zoom tool in Premiere Elements? I can set and use a preferred transition but the time is set to 0.

I would also now crop the pictures for the Pan and Zoom based on a predetermined story.

thanks for the advice and links.

• 5. Re: pause after transition in slide show
                  petergraffiti Level 1

Sorry I forgot to say that the output is for HD screen with built in media player. That means copied from memory card to the device for playing.

The target device has been a problem as I have not been too sure what it would be from a projector to standard TV to wide screen. That part was out of my hands.

regards Peter

• 6. Re: pause after transition in slide show
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

More comments later, for now just a clarification and some confirmation...

1. In your slideshow, are you applying pan and zoom to photos to be included in any Time Lapse sequences

in the export?

2. For the Time Lapse sequences what is the duration of each photo...1 frame (0.033 seconds for NTSC setup or 0.040 seconds for PAL setup)?

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: pause after transition in slide show
                      petergraffiti Level 1

ATR

1 The time laps has no pan and zoom. There is a second section with the pan and zoom slides. Each slide is shown for five seconds and there is a two second fade between them

2 The project file is set to AVCHD 720p Square Pixel and has 50 frames per second

The time lapse uses 12 frames per image.

Normally at 24 (25 Pal) frames a second you would use 2 frames for each shot but as it dose not need to ruin to smoothly and to make it last a bit longer I used 12 frames at 50 frames a second.

Peter