2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 12:16 PM by archeomason

Multi state object slide show not working in EPub3 (iBooks, Google Books, etc.)

archeomason

In my various searches online with tutorials, etc. it appears that InDesign CC supports creating image slideshows that then export into ePub 3.0 where they can be viewed and interacted-with on mobile devices.  An example of this type of guidance is this:  InDesign CS 5.5 Publishing ePUBs to the iBook with Video - YouTube

Anyway, I have followed what I think are all of the guidance steps to create a multi-state object for a series of images and then go into folio overlays and convert them to a slideshow that can be interacted with.  When I preview they all work just fine but when I then export as ePub3.0 they are static images with each image overlayed on top of the other. 

I have tried calling Adobe Technical support and they are saying that InDesign CC does not support this type of EPub export, but again all of the online tutorials, etc. indicate that it does.  I am very confused and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

When I export my book to ePub, the images and captions appear to export as raster images together so I'm thinking it's something to do with the object export functions, but beyond that I don't know how to fix this issue. 

I would definitely appreciate any help anyone can offer on this matter.  Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Mason