11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 10:52 AM by csvideo

Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11

devanand420

I have a 3 hr on my time line and am trying to burn a Blue Ray. It is compiling and at 99% it gives a Device ERROR. The original video was shot on a Canon DSLR camera. My burner is a LG and is external USB 3.0. My OS is Win7 64 Bit and have nVidia card and Intel i7 procesor with 32 GB ram in an ASUS motherboard. I have all the latest drivers for my hardware. The BlueRay disk is 25 GB - Memorex brand. I tried to switch to RiData and same issue. Can you please Help. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
          csvideo Level 1

I am having the same problem with a 15 minute project.  trying to burn avchd to a folder.  Did you ever get an answer?

• 2. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

csvideo

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Not sure if you were also using version 11.

It is unfortunate that this thread was not responded to in June 2014. In the case of that Blu-ray project, the answer might

have been as easy as removing a check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space" if the Space Required was less

than 23 GB. But, hard to know without more details on that one.

As for your situation...are you saying that you are getting "compiling error" message when you attempt to do an AVCHD burn to folder?

What are the Space Required and Bitrate readings in the burn area before you hit Burn? Are you using a check mark next to Fit Content To

Available Space?

Please go back and inspect the expanded Timeline for irregularities in the Timeline content - leftovers (fragments) in the tracks, gaps, spacing of Timeline menu

markers (if applicable), overlapping menu buttons (if applicable), transition placement.....

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
              csvideo Level 1

Below is a copy of a message I sent to Adobe

I am using windows 7 64 bit professional.  Lenovo T530 with 8 processors.  115 GB free on Hard drive

My pre11 program will not burn an avchd project to a folder.  I have been working with this for 6 days now and I can’t get it to work.  I have a project that has 38 m2ts clips from my camera which is about 15 minutes.  The clips total about 2.6 GB

I can put all 38 clips into my project and if I don’t do anything to them I can burn the project to avdhd to a 4.7GB folder with no problem.  The resulting stream files amount to about 2 GB

I can then add a fade in to the first clip and a fade out to the last clip and then a default cross dissolve transition between each clip in the timeline.  Then I can successfully burn that to a 4.7 GB folder.

Then I can make three cuts (one simply deleting one clip and another 2 cutting out parts of two clips).  Then I can successfully burn that project.

Then I make about 10 more cuts.  When I try to burn this if first goes through the “encoding media” stage and then the “compiling media” stage and then as soon as it starts burning, I get the message “device error and the computer locks up.

I need to know how to fix this.

I checked the timeline and there are no gaps and there is no menu.

Cliff

• 4. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                csvideo Level 1

ATR,

Have you had any thoughts about what I need to do?

• 5. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Cliff

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD with burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)

In the systematic steps that you went to, get to the end of what reads

Then I can make three cuts (one simply deleting one clip and another 2 cutting out parts of two clips).  Then I can successfully burn that project.

Let us focus on

Then I make about 10 more cuts.

Can you go through those 10 cuts systematically one or two at a time to determine after which of the 10 cuts the problem hits.

In spite of what you wrote

I checked the timeline and there are no gaps and there is no menu.

when you find a cut that results in the problem, expand the Timeline content and structure trying to find irregularities - look for any fragments (thin vertical black lines scattered about

the tracks and the like). Do you work with the Timeline "snap" on? See right click of Timeline and check mark next to Snap.

Let us see if this plan helps us to target the cause of the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                    csvideo Level 1

I always work with the snap feature on.

I expanded to the maximum all of my trials which failed and then I stepped forward segment by segment ( some projects had around 50 segments ).  There are no gaps or fragments.

To repeat, my project has 38 clips from my camera.  They total 2.6 GB and when first loaded into a project amounts to about 15 minutes. For this particular project, I am doing no fancy editing.  Just deleting stuff that I don’t want, adding a beginning and ending fade, and cross dissolve transitions between each segment.  I am not even using a menu.

To find exactly what action exceeds the limit of pre11, would be extremely time consuming.  I would need to go step by step, or maybe 2 steps at a time, as you suggested and then do a burn.  It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to burn to a folder and I don’t do anything with the computer while that is running.  I will do this only as a last resort.  And one thing that is disturbing is that I made one test project with no cuts or deletions at all.  I loaded all 38 clips into the project and then burned it as is and that worked. Then I added enough of the same clips to make about 20 minutes of video.  Again no editing at all.  Then I burned that and it failed.  “Device error”

So that tells me that the problem is not necessarily the cuts.

Cliff

• 7. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Cliff

Referring to the scenario given in post 6....

Although you give 38 clips and they total 2.6 GB, what does the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate immediately before you hit Burn button there?

There is an Adobe document of burn issues

Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Burning DVDs, blu-ray discs | Premiere Elements | Windows

Please browse there to see if any of the troubleshooting can be used. Right now I am pointing to disc capacity based on your latest post report on your AVCHD DVD burn to folder with error "Device Error".

To be continued

ATR

• 8. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                        csvideo Level 1

space required 1.92 GB, Bitrate 15.59 Mbps

I will read that article.

• 9. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                          csvideo Level 1

Most of Adobe article, “……….system errors/freezes/burning DVDs,blu-ray disks”,has to do with burner drives.  Since I am burning to a folder, that doesn’t apply.  The burn to folder section says if burning to folder doesn’t work, go to system troubleshooting.  Steps 5,6, and 7 don’t apply.  Step 8, “disable startup items and services” would apply.  I disabled my firewall (Norton 360) and the startup items as recommended.  I then get the same error.

Video Card Driver.  I checked and my drivers are up to date.

Step 14 export the project. I exported it to HDTV 1080p 29.97 High quality, and then put that file in a project and tried to burn it to a folder and that failed with the same error.

• 10. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Cliff

If video card driver message appeared and your driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card, then let us go with

deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file.

For your Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit, the route would be

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder would be the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Important: make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files,

Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited. After you close out of there and open Premiere Elements, the program will

generate a new BadDrivers.txt file and hopefully the problem will be gone.

Let us explore the above to determine if that will work for you to resolve the issue.

Also, please confirm your video card/graphics card name, how many cards, and driver version under Device Manager/Display Adapters.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Compiling Media gives a Device ERROR at 99% in PE 11
                              csvideo Level 1

Intel ® HD Graphics 4000 Date 8/21/2012 Ver. 9.17.10.2843

NVIDIA NVS 5400 M Date 10/28/2013 Ver. 9.18.13.1269

I deleted the baddrivers.txt file but the result was the same error. The new baddrivers.txt file is the same as the old one.  (##FALSE#0#0#0 )