4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 10:13 PM by KatieRrrr

Transform shortcuts

KatieRrrr

When you hit alt T to transform something, can you reduce or increase the size using keyboard commands, rather than having to drag out the corners or change the percentage in toolbar? Thanks

• 1. Re: Transform shortcuts
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

You can change the values in the Options bar fields, but not move the FT handles.  You can move the entire object with the cursor keys.  Note that the Shift key increases the increment (depending on what field you have active)

Tab, and Shift tab, will move you through the fields.

• 2. Re: Transform shortcuts
            KatieRrrr Level 1

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 2.49.46 pm.png

Oh I see, so you click up in the percentage box, and then you can scale down or up with the cursors. So you need to click with the mouse up in the percentage box? There's no way of doing that with keys? I'm just being lazy and don't want to move my hand from the keyboard! Thanks!

• 3. Re: Transform shortcuts
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

KatieRrrr wrote:

There's no way of doing that with keys? I'm just being lazy and don't want to move my hand from the keyboard! Thanks!

Not that I am aware of, although I do now have a mind picture of a head mounted prod thingie with a rubber end you could tap a touch screen with.

KatieRrrr wrote:

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 2.49.46 pm.png

That's a great screen grab, and stops just short of proclaiming you an ultra-geek.  Vector, and Smart Object, score high marks, but you missed out on a top score by having RGB instead of Lab/16. 

• 4. Re: Transform shortcuts
                KatieRrrr Level 1

HAHA!! Thanks for your help