1 2 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 6:25 PM by ImageJockey

New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Xoco Level 3

Now, I just received notification of Creative Cloud about new version (no update) about Edge Animate CC (2014), I have installed 3.0.0.322.27519 and I can't to found information on internet about new version. It's a possible error of Creative Cloud app.? is 3.0 the last version?

• 1. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
          SujaiS Adobe Employee

Congratulations, you are one of the first ones to get the new update.

Go ahead and install. This is the new version - Edge Animate CC 2014. Version: 2014.0.0.359

-Sujai

• 2. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
            Xoco Level 3

Well, I can't see now the notification in CC, and I would like to see any page with the news of this version...

• 3. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
              SujaiS Adobe Employee

You can go to settings->preferences->Account tab and then sign-out and re-sign in and check if Edge Animate CC 2014 is listed for install.

Else I would recommend you to wait for more time since the deployments are still in progress.

-Sujai

• 4. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

CC 2014 update available and installed, on my end - yahooooo

Darrell

• 5. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                  Preran Adobe Employee

Good to know that Darrell.

Xoco: Let us know if you are having problems even after trying the solution from Sujai.

• 6. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                    btaartdirector Level 1

I just updated today, and now a project I had been working on for weeks (my first real project) won't open in CC anymore. The only reason I wanted to open it back up in CC - NOT Adobe Edge Animate CC (2014), was because this updated Edge Animate IS MISSING THE CODE SNIPPET SIDEBAR!! WHY!! WHY!! WHY!! It's a little hard to follow along with tutorials you have been using when they insert snippets from the sidebar and suddenly you don't have one anymore!

• 7. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                      Preran Adobe Employee

Hi btaartdirector,

See Enhanced Actions Editor in New Features Summary and let me know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Preran

• 8. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                        btaartdirector Level 1

I have tried multiple times in Firefox and Safari -- We are on the East Coast. Refresh cache not working either.

adobeDown.jpg

• 9. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                          btaartdirector Level 1

Enhanced Actions Editor??? Could you elaborate on that. Is it no longer a sidebar? Code completion? What? I have some time today to work on this project, but now I can't. Fortunately I do automatic backups to another drive, so I can open it up in VS 3.0 -- unfortunately -- that backup was yesterday at 3:30pm, so anything I have worked on after that is lost.

This update and uninstall of the previous version was a bad idea!

• 10. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                            Preran Adobe Employee

Some of the pages are yet to go live. Meanwhile, I am copying the content from that page.

The Actions pop-up window has been redesigned to be more designer-friendly. The enhancedActions editor reduces the need to code, making it easier to add interactivity and more approachable for designers.

Actions popup prior to Edge Animate CC 2014

Actions pop-up window prior to Edge Animate CC 2014

Actions editor in Edge Animate CC 2014

A. Step 1: Pick an action B. Step 2: Pick a target C. Step 3: Edit the code snippet

The new Actions editor visually guides you through the various steps in assigning actions to targets.

1. Pick an Action - Actions are now logically grouped into categories. If you know the name of the action, you can search for the action using the search box. Else, pick a category to view the actions in it and click the required action.
                            2. Pick a Target - Targets are grouped under Stage. Click Stage to view the target elements. When you click Stage, you may find a subcategory for Symbols if your composition contains symbols. Double-click the target element.
                            3. Modify the code snippet as required.

If you find portions of code that are reused often, you can save them as snippets and insert them with a single click when required.

Save code snippets

In the Actions editor, click '+' adjacent to My Snippets, and then click one of the following options:

Custom snippets

Create Custom

Click to enter your own code and save it as a snippet. When you click this options, a code window appears. Type your code, click Save, and then enter a name for the snippet.

Add New From Selection

Click to save the selected portion of the code as a snippet. Enter a name for the snippet in the Actions editor.

Insert code snippets

In the code window of the Actions editor, click at the location where you want to insert the code snippet. Click My Snippets, and then choose the required snippet from the list that appears. The saved snippet gets inserted at the insertion point in the code window.

• 11. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

I am on the East Coast as well and see the same message as btaartdirector, patiently waiting for it to become available.

Darrell

• 12. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                Preran Adobe Employee

I am on the East Coast as well, but on the Adobe network .  That is the difference I think. Apologize for the delay. Many items are being pushed live even as we speak. Like I mentioned in my other post, it is best to update only after one is through with current projects so that you can relax and spend time with the new workflows.

Thanks,

Preran

• 13. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                  btaartdirector Level 1

I do NOT see anything remotely close to what you are referring to> There is NO Snippets panel AT ALL. See my work area below after update. I'm sorry if I'm sounding frustrated -- I am. I have too much to do to be dealing with update issues. I wish I had never udpated at all.

Monitor2.pngMonitor1.png

• 14. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                    Preran Adobe Employee

Hi btaartdirector,

From what I understand, you should still have the previous version of Edge Animate on your computer.  Can you try opening that and editing your doc in the time that I check with the team and get back to you?

Thanks,

Preran

• 15. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                      btaartdirector Level 1

Unfortunately the install of CC 2014 -- REMOVED Edge CC. I found that out when I tried to force open the file in CC. I would download that again and use my old backup from yesterday but I can't find any place now on the "NEW IMPROVED" Adobe web site to download CC only CC(2014) This was a poor execution by Adobe!!! AND the support site is STILL DOWN!!

• 16. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Confirmed CC 2014 overwrites CC.

I am also getting a trickle of some of the new adobe.com portal show up and the internal links so it should be fun, later this evening, to scour the goodies.

Darrell

• 17. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                          Preran Adobe Employee

Can you try this link? Free Edge Animate CC | Download Adobe Edge Animate free trial

Select the version that  you want to Install from the "In This Version" options.

Thanks,

Preran

• 18. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                            Preran Adobe Employee

The link could be down for some time just to be sure. Keep checking if that is the case.

• 19. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                              jgunderson

Just figured it out: you have to press CMD + T to invoke the trigger panel. All the snippets are contained within it.

• 20. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                btaartdirector Level 1

OK - Possibly Good News... I talked to Adobe Tech Support. I am able to download a previous version of the Edge Animate CC by choosing PREVIOUS VERSION under the FIND NEW APPS section of the Creative Cloud Desktop app. This is a new feature of CC. Thankfully. I can install CC and then do as hemanth kumar r suggested and edit the _edge.js file to allow 3.0 to open the file.

Thanks for all of the help. Sorry for the frustration in MY TYPING . I'll reply if that all works.

ALSO : jgunderson thanks for that heads up. I'll try that too. WHY DID ADOBE not include even a menu option for that in the UI????

• 21. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                  Preran Adobe Employee

Glad to know that you are all set. Again, apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

• 22. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                    T Rollins

This release overwrote Edge CC, and completely broke existing content for me.

I'm going to have to try reverting to Edge CC, But I wouldn't call that being "all set".

1. Silently overwriting my apps is not OK
                                                    2. Existing content now loads to browsers without errors, and proper feedback in the inspector, but just shows a blank page
                                                    3. Edge no longer centers the project in the workspace as CC did properly. instead it is now offset
                                                    4. Whatever actions panel is being talked about in this thread does no appear to be visible in the copy I have.

This release appears rushed, and has hit me with nothing but problems, and I've only used it for about 20 minutes.

• 23. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                      T Rollins Level 1

Thanks for the helpful link to the older (working) version.

Of course, Adobe's creative cloud site has NEVER loaded even once for me.

This screenshot represents...

Download_Edge_Animate_CC___Adobe_Creative_Cloud_and_dexcom_main_html_-_Adobe_Edge_Animate_CC_2014_.png

• 24. Re: Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                        SujaiS Adobe Employee

Hi T Rollins,

You may have clicked update all in the creative cloud app, otherwise there is no silent install mechanism. And yes upgrade of previous Edge Animate version is expected when you install the new Edge Animate CC 2014 version.

TO download and install a previous version(last was 3.0) you can use the previous version setting in the creative cloud app too as shown in attachment.

It will be helpful if you provide us the content(with the newer version) that has the problem to investigate.

Thanks,

Sujai

• 25. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                          Sudeshnasarkar27 Adobe Employee

Hi Rollins ,

For the 4th point you referred : "Whatever actions panel is being talked about in this thread does no appear to be visible in the copy I have." , can you check if the actions section is collapsed?

01)Launch Edge Animate CC 2014.

02)Create a new composition.

03)Open the actions panel say by pressing Ctrl+T.

actions.png

The actions popup section might be collapsed. So , click on the arrow to expand it as shown in the first image snapshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

• 26. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                            T Rollins Level 1

Thank you for responding.

• Yes, I selected to "Try" Edge Animate CC (2014) - the button reads "Try", for some reason, while the others mostly say "Install".
                                                              • As I did not have an application with that name on my system, and was not "Trying" my existing installation of Edge Animate CC, how would I know that it would overwrite that app?

• Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to forward the affected project.
                                                            • Now that I have gone back to the CC panel, and installed the old version, it did not overwrite EA CC 2014, so both appear to be installed.
                                                              • The changes made to the project by EA CC 2014 are not backward compatible, and Edge CC can no longer open the file
                                                              • Restoring the project from archive allows it to open in EA 3.0, and again renders properly.
                                                            • I don't see this actions panel in EA CC 2014
                                                              • Untitled-1_html_-_Adobe_Edge_Animate_CC_2014_.png
                                                            • 27. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

This is the fullcode view Rollins. Open the code editor pressing say Ctrl+T to add triggers to the timeline or right click on the stage->Select Open actions for "Stage" and then select any action say composition ready.

Thanks,

Sudeshna

• 28. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                T Rollins Level 1

No, it isn't the full code view. THAT looks like this.

Untitled-1_html_-_Adobe_Edge_Animate_CC_2014_.png

• 29. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                  T Rollins Level 1

Mac Mavericks, by the way.

• 30. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Yes Rollins , in your case the code panel window is opened to view all the code for your composition. But suppose you want to add code to a specific element in the elements panel or to the stage , you will see the actions popup with the new UI instead of just the snippets section which was present in the earlier version of Edge Animate. Take a look at the attached video recorded demonstrating the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

1 person found this helpful
                                                                    • 31. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                      T Rollins Level 1

Thank you for that movie.

I can confirm that nothing like that at all shows up on my Mac Mavericks system.

• 32. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Ok Rollins , let me check what could be the issue.

Regards,

Sudeshna

• 33. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                          T Rollins Level 1

For what its worth, I've delivered several very advanced apps written in Edge, and probably have as much experience in at as just about anyone. I've done extensive coding in it, as well as on its generated files externally for more advanced js and debugging work. I've used every feature in developing learning games and apps for enterprise clients, and hacked in a bunch more of my own when needed. I started with Edge 1, and have worked in it pretty much every day since, upgrading projects as releases came out.

This release is the first that broke a project... and no, this project hasn't been hacked on yet. It is basically timeline work so far, with a fairly deep symbol structure, but its just a shell, with no real code added yet. It only has a handful of keyframes set. Just symbols, organized in the timeline to create an app structure.

Now that I have my working version back in EA CC, I'll look at more deeply debugging what it is about EA CC 2014 that can break such projects.

Also, I don't really use the code snips thing anyway, since it is usually faster/better to just write the code, but the comments in this thread made me wonder what the heck was going on with it not displaying, in addition to the other issues I experienced.

• 34. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                            T Rollins Level 1

One more point, Edge's responsive scaling still does not work for scaling above 100% - at least not without serious rendering bugs.

If you attempt to use it, it will scale the whole stage smaller correctly, but if you try to allow it to scale larger than 100%, it starts acting really weird, hiding objects on the right and bottom almost arbitrarily. You can scale the window up and down and watch the symbols disappear and appear, as though Edge is calculating screen space based on incorrect values. The entire background may scale, but elements sitting on it scale to some point, and then begin popping out of sight, one by one based on the browser window size.

This happened in 3.0, and continues to exist in CC 2014.

• 35. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                              Xoco Level 3

Before update I always make copy&paste of Adobe Edge Animate folder into the same Program Files\Adobe folder, after update you can execute EdgeAnimate.exe from any previous version folder.

• 36. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                                bart_at_work

Updated to Edge CC 2014 and I can confirm that the little triangle on the bottom of the code panel is missing. There seems to be no other way to open the actions popup. I'm on Mavericks as well. Any news on what might be the problem?

• 37. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Hi Bart_at_work ,

The code panel will not show up the actions popup. You will be able to see the redesigned actions popup when you are adding triggers or actions to the stage/individual elements etc. I have attached a video in one of my replies to this post. Just take a look and do let me know if you are still facing the same problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

• 38. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?
                                                                                    bart_at_work Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. I missed your video. It explains, and it works indeed. However, you (Adobe) may have to make it clear that for the actions popup to show, the code panel has to be closed. Otherwise, clicking on "show actions for" wil just highlight the code panel.

I think it would be way more convenient to have the actions popup as a separate panel, next to the code panel. You can then quickly scroll through all actions already applied and add more if needed, instead of right-clicking every object separately, or opening and closing the code panel.

• 39. Re: New version of Edge Animate CC (2014)?

Thanks for your feedback Bart. We will see what we could do to address this issue which all of you are facing.

Regards,

Sudeshna

1 2 Previous Next