3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2014 10:15 AM by mdicamp RSS

Streaming from Digital Rapids to Flash Media Server

mdicamp

Hello,

I am using a Digital Rapids StreamZ encoder (version 3.8.0) to stream towards YouTube, Dailymotion, Akamai. I wish to install a Flash server on the same VLAN as my Digital Rapids in order to check the encoding in case there is an issue on YT/DM's side. I therefore downloaded Adobe Flash Media Server and now wish to send my stream towards the AMS. Which Server URL and Stream Name should I use to configure my Digital Rapids? How should I configure the AMS to receive the stream from the DR?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice,

mdicamp

• 1. Re: Streaming from Digital Rapids to Flash Media Server
          mdicamp Community Member

The current Server URL I am using in Digital Rapids' output is: rtmp://<AMS IP address>/live and the Stream Name is: streamtest.

The Stream URL I enter in the "Stream Your Own Video" section of the Sample Video Player is: rtmp://localhost/live/mp4:streamtest.f4v

However, I get a "Failed to Start Encoding" error message on my DR. This happens when the destination address is incorrect, as I manage to stream easily towards YouTube on the same session.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice

• 2. Re: Streaming from Digital Rapids to Flash Media Server
            mdicamp Community Member

The Digital Rapids doesn't seem to recognize my destination Server URL. I guess it is because of a port issue.

Checking the ports situation on my AMS Server (cmd -> netstat -an), I realise port 1935 (which receives RTMP) is only listening locally (127.0.0.1:1935) instead of to the exterior (I would like to have 0.0.0.0:1935). The application does not seem to have forced the port to open (I don't have any firewall).

I hope this helps move anyone forward in helping me out. Thanks in advance !

• 3. Re: Streaming from Digital Rapids to Flash Media Server
              mdicamp Community Member

Resolved: another Flash Server was installed on the same server, and had priority on the port configurations. I uninstaled it and the streaming towards AMS works fine. Hope this helps someone else.