6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 10:26 PM by Sorento

InDesign CC Saving issues

Apollo2099

When working on a InDesign file a user is unable to save the file to the network or my desktop.  Also, if the file is able to save it reverts back to the original state it was in when the file was opened and the user loses all their work. Is there a fix or solution to this problem?

This seems like the issue is spreading to more and more users.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: InDesign CC Saving issues
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We really can't know. You have not provided any system info or other technical details like save locations and options plus what is actually going on in the documents. Either way, the ID forum is a more likely place to actually get useful answers for such specifics - if and when you actualyl provide al lthe required info.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: InDesign CC Saving issues
            Apollo2099 Level 1

Hi Mylenium,

Thanks for the quick response. The Computer and File information are below.

Computer Info:

iMac 12,2

Intel Core i5 @ 2.7 GHz

24 GB RAM

OS X 10.9.3

InDesign Information:

The user is saving to a network location, but even saving to the local disk has the same issue where it basically undoes all the edits after the file was opened or cannot save at all.

What the user does in the file itself:

Text Changes, Copying Text from another file and pasting it.  Other Simple revisions.

We just reinstalled InDesign to see if that will alleviate the issue but hoping there was a more definitive answer as to why this is happening or how to prevent it from happing.

Let me know if you need more information.

• 4. Re: InDesign CC Saving issues
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There's another thread about the inability to save and one of the participants has narrowed it down to synching the pasteboard color to the theme. Try not synching the pasteboard.

• 5. Re: InDesign CC Saving issues
                BDinkar Adobe Employee

Hello Apollo2099,

Could you please check if your Undo/Redo is disabled on your system while you are saving the file? Draw some content on the page and check if you can perform undo operation?

There are couple of users facing limited undo/redo issue and some even not able to save the file.It could be the same issue that you are facing but not sure. While we are looking into the issue, meanwhile you can export your file to .idml and open back the same .idml so that your work is not lost.

Regards,

Dinkar

InDesign Engineering

• 6. Re: InDesign CC Saving issues
                  Sorento

I have had this same problem with just one of my files.  I have been able to save my work and return to it the following day and everything seems to be all right.  Then I leave it for a couple of days and reopen it and none of the edits have been saved.  It returns to the original state I received it with one exception: the images I have changes in Photo Shop which are linked to it are fine. I will try the above suggestions and hope that it will work.  Is there any way to retrieve the edited file, though?  I exported it as a PDF but I can't bring it back to InDesign.

Thank you!