• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does someone know if Premiere Pro does work under OSX 10.10 Yosemite? It does start but when i select new project and confirm the settings it crashes. Not with the same error that AE does though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

I had some mission non-critical time to give it a try on my work machine. To date all my CC apps work fine under 10.10 (Pr, AE, Au, AME, Lr, Sg, Ps, Ai, Id, Mu). I did have a few unexpected quits with AE the first few times I edited a dynamic link but it seems to have settled down and is stable now. Legacy apps like FCP 7 and DVDSP work fine for me too.

Adobe supports OSX 10.10: Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) compatibility FAQs | CC

Adobe and Apple have worked closely together to test Adobe Creative C

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not, I have tried this as well and I also got in contact with Adobe support and the is no Yosemite version yet as it is still in beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.10 Yosemite is not a supported OS yet. However, there are Premiere Pro users running it successfully now.

A few things you can try:

1. When launching Premiere Pro, hold down Shift+Option. This will trash your preferences and reload your plugins.

2. Uninstall and then reinstall Premiere Pro

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.  Premiere (cs5 and cs6) is bugging out hard for me now that I've installed Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@zeburock - I have been reluctant to load Yosemite for exactly that reason.  What types of issues are you seeing?  I am CS6 and can't afford to not have Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects.... Please keep us apprised to your progress too.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering buying a new copy of premiere pro cs6 but am running yosemite. Can you confirm that I will be able to install and run this program on Yosemite? Or can you confirm that a fix is in the near future (month or so?) to make cs6 compatible with yosemite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all sorts of random crashes with CS6 usually when saving my project.  I've had parts of the interface get stuck and not recover as well.  If I make sure I am not doing anything else while saving it seems to work better.  I have a habit of just hitting command-S on occasion though while working, and it is a bad idea right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some troubleshooting, I've sadly concluded that premiere CS6 doesn't play well with RED footage anymore inside of yosemite 10.10.1, and I'm going to attempt to go back to mavericks to solve it.  Basically if you try to import red footage you get this message saying: "unsupported format or damaged file" and old red projects just start hanging up and the program shows trails and gives a constant "media pending" message. 

Hopefully the wonderful folks at adobe can turn their attention to this bug soon so we editors and production companies can enjoy Yosemite.  Bug reports can be submitted here: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never a good idea to update project files or the OS in the middle of a project. Also, don't update an OS if you still are doing mission critical work on an older version of an application like Premiere Pro CS6.

Please exercise caution in this regard.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin!

I was that idiot who updated my premiere pro in the middle of a project thinking it was a good idea. I went from the previous version of Premiere pro CC to the latest (premiere pro cc 2014) and now my sequence monitor is constantly freezing every time a try and playback a sequence! I was going to simply revert back to the older version of premiere pro, however, I've done a serious amount of work on the newer version now so going back really isn't an option.

Is there any suggestions you could give me that may resolve my problem?

Cheers,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

You can try creating a new project and importing the older project into the new one. That can sometimes work. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Kevin, that seems to be working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news, Tom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm having some serious issues with CS6 Premiere Pro & Yosemite 10.10 that I installed today onto my laptop. (MacBook Pro - Retina, Mid 2012)

Normally I can play video footage from my Red Epic camera (.r3d extension) but now it's freezing and giving me an error message. I've tried various drives with different footage and it's always the same.

Can I go back to Mountain Lion OSX or anything that will allow me to work? This is terrible....

Thank you for your help

Talon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some mission non-critical time to give it a try on my work machine. To date all my CC apps work fine under 10.10 (Pr, AE, Au, AME, Lr, Sg, Ps, Ai, Id, Mu). I did have a few unexpected quits with AE the first few times I edited a dynamic link but it seems to have settled down and is stable now. Legacy apps like FCP 7 and DVDSP work fine for me too.

Adobe supports OSX 10.10: Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) compatibility FAQs | CC

Adobe and Apple have worked closely together to test Adobe Creative Cloud applications for reliability, performance and user experience when installed on Intel based systems running OS X Yosemite (v10.10). The latest versions of all Adobe CC products are compatible. In addition to the current Photoshop CC release (2014.2), the Photoshop team has also tested Photoshop CC (14.2.1) and CS6 (13.0.6; 13.1.2) for compatibility.

But follow Kevin's sage-like advice and use some common sense: if you're in the middle of a big project or can't afford half a day to restore from the pre-10.10 backups you diligently made then stay with 10.9 or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having minor problems with Premiere Pro CC 2014.1 on Yosemite. When I open the app the "Media Pending" screen stays on and the media doesn't show up at all. I have to force quit then I reopen the app and everything works fine. I have to do this two step process every time. Thoughts?

I'm on an early 2011 15" Macbook Pro with AMD Radeon 6750 1GB VRAM 2.2 Quad core i7 and 16 GB of RAM. (editing off a SSD scratch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or does anybody else have this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Dave Del Real wrote:

I'm having minor problems with Premiere Pro CC 2014.1 on Yosemite. When I open the app the "Media Pending" screen stays on and the media doesn't show up at all. I have to force quit then I reopen the app and everything works fine. I have to do this two step process every time. Thoughts?

I'm on an early 2011 15" Macbook Pro with AMD Radeon 6750 1GB VRAM 2.2 Quad core i7 and 16 GB of RAM. (editing off a SSD scratch)

My only thoughts are that I am only seeing this issue on Macs with the AMD Radeon 6750 (1 GB VRAM) card installed. It's almost as if the drivers no longer work with the GPU but I have not heard anything from AMD or Apple on this. The more underpowered 6750 (512MB VRAM) also shows this issue.

Do you have any other computers you can run a test with?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately no. My wife and I each have the same notebook. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I did send a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having problems, is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went for it - and have had no issues.  I did an upgrade install of Yosemite and I actually find that Premiere runs faster.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues.  Freezes at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem...when I first open Premiere CC it hangs...I turn it off and on again and it seems to work..be it with the odd crash..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have premiere pro ccs6 and just upgraded to Yosemite we have a Doco film nearly finished and it is refusing to open HELP PLEASE need to get into film quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines