• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom . Wont Launch.

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've just updated Lightroom to 5.5 and now it will not launch.

AdobeCC @

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

We are still looking into the problem, but as a workaround this may work for folks.

1.  Uninstall Lightroom 5.5. 

2.  Install Lightroom 5.5 directly (and not through the Adobe Creative Cloud app) by downloading from the following links:

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_mac_en

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/lightroom_5_updates_win_en

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine neither!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Elisabeth, good to know I'm not alone in my plight!! Just sent a tweet to adobe care, if I get a reply I'll update this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac version. Critical I get back to work. What is this about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to here. Hope you get an answer. I get my work done!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific error are you seeing on start-up?  Is Lightroom actually crashing or are you prevented from starting up for another reason?  What OS and OS version are you seeing this issue on?  Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Lightroom?  Does this happen with every catalog or only a specific catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.9.3. No error message. Just will not launch. Lightroom worked fine just prior to running the CC updates. I,ve tried clicking directly on the catalog and on backups.

Can't reinstall since the Adobe site is still updating.

From the console log:

6/18/14 3:51:13.407 PM com.apple.IconServicesAgent[228]: Icon filename entry missing from bundle info dictionary for bundle at URL: file:///System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/InternetAccounts.framework/Versions/A/XPCService s/com.apple.internetaccounts.xpc/

6/18/14 3:51:23.947 PM System Events[605]: .sdef warning for part of complex type 'any | number | boolean | date | list | record | text | data' used in suite 'Property List Suite': 'data' is not a valid type name.

6/18/14 3:52:34.546 PM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5[625]: Cannot add package named WFOzClientTests Looked in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTes ts.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.framework, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WichitaFoundation.agtoolkit/Versions/A/Frameworks/WFOzClientTes ts.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit, /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/WFOzClientTests.agtoolkit !! Did you remember to add a copy frameworks step to your project?

Hope this helps to figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPLTD-

Thanks for the console log.  That message should be harmless and shouldn't be the cause of the issue.  Can you try reinstalling?  You can delete the Lightroom package from the Applications directory, restart the Adobe Creative Cloud App (you have to click the gear icon and say "exit" otherwise the app will just be minimized) and try re-installing...

Thanks,

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions. Dragged the Lightroom app from my applications folder to the trash. Quit the Creative Cloud App. Relaunched Creative Cloud. ReInstalled Lightroom.

Same Problem. It will not launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI. Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 which was also installed along with the Lighroom update works fine. Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having this problem on mac can you try holding down Option while launching Lightroom?  This should bring up a Catalog selection dialog.  If you get that far, trying creating a new catalog and see if you can start Lightroom that way.

Thanks,

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Mac OSX console, under /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/, could you attach all Lightroom 5.5 related installer logs? On my system, I have compressed log file like "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.5 06-18-2014.log.gz" and a folder named "lightroom5-pkg-install-log-Wed-Jun-18-15-27-34-PDT-2014", where it contains additional log files.

Could some of you post the log files (like DropBox) so that we could take examine?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 8.1.

When I click on the icon to launch LR, nothing happens.

Not tried re-installing yet, but I will do. It was working fine before the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Betty-

That sounds like you may have a rogue Lightroom process running... Can you either check TaskManager to see if you can see a Lightroom.exe process running (and end the process if it is) or simply restart your computer to see if that helps?

Thanks,

-paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 7, just updated to LR 5.5 via the CC Desktop app.  When I open Task Manager, there is no lightroom.exe process listed.  When I click on the LR 5.5 shortcut a lightroom.exe process does start up but then shuts down almost immediately, after 1 or 2 seconds, before any UI gets loaded.  There is nothing listed in the Application Eventlog for Windows, so I can't tell why it's failing to get up and going.  I tried right-click Run-as-Administrator and that didn't change anything, still LR starting then stopping almost immediately.

Looking at my realtime Avast scanning log, after the shortcut for LR is logged, I see LR is trying to access these two shortcut files just before it fails:

2014-06-18_163515.png

These two shortcut files do exist and point to executables in two different folders, one CS6 and one LR 5.5, which do run if I manually click on the shortcut links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will not start at all. Mac version 10.9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried restarting, Mac version, there are no versions of Lightroom.exe running. Restart does not help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lord, whatever you do don't call Adobe support on this issue. H Shekhar trashed all sorts of stuff on my computer, including my perpetual registration file, and made a hash of it so badly that the Creative Clod Desktop app stopped working. His recommendation. Uninstall ALL Adobe apps and start from scratch. I may actually have to do that, because some of the stuff he removed could cause other problems. Gawd I hate Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my entire installation was totally destroyed by letting the Adobe support guy take over my machine. I really don't know what to do at this point. Can't access any of my images thanks to Adobe and this bozo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the phone with Adobe. They said it's a known issue and they are working on it. They gave me a link to download 5.4 until they have a fix http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5740

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Trashed the updated Lightroom and reinstalled Lightroom 5.4. Back to work. Warning, though, Creative Cloud will again show that there is an update for Lightroom. Don't do it till the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download 5.5 from this link it worked now for 3 of my MACs Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines