3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2007 2:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

Error when opening Fireworks CS3 by first time

Danzalthar
      I downloaded the trial version of Fireworks CS3 as I'm planning to buy it, but after downloading and installing it, Fireworks wouldn't work, a message appeared saying that the License for the product stopped working, I tought a problem might have ocurred during downloading so I downloaded it again, installed but the same problem continued. The message that appeared also said that maybe reinstalling would be the solution but it wasn't.

THE MESSAGE BOX ERROR

What can I do?
        • 1. Re: Error when opening Fireworks CS3 by first time
          Level 1
          Did you really read the instructions thoroughly and entirely *BEFORE* you install your app, no?

What Windows version are you using with?

Cheers, Brian

P.S. Hint: Contact Adobe Tech Support... and perhaps do a COMPLETE clean script to unintall your CS3 apps. Did you installed other beta programs like Photoshop CS3 public beta or any other? Again, it is important you need to READ the instructions FIRST.
          • 2. Error when opening Fireworks CS3 by first time
            Danzalthar Level 1
            I've read all of the instructions, but I'm afraid that I only count with 8 of the 9 requirements, I have a RAM of 448MB, anyhow I don't think this has anything to do with the error I got, as the RAM would only affect how fast the program would run, it WOULD let me open it.

btw, the download comes with Bridge CS3, the extension manager and stuff, they all work correctly, expect fireworks wich is the most important thing, why wont Fireworks work????????? It's depressing.

I also noticed some innadequate behaviour where the software is placed at; the installer creates a folder named "Adobe" wich is fine, but the programs are placed outside that folder, is this a sign that has to do with the problem I'm experiencing?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just realized that I installed Photoshop CS3 extended Lite, it might be the problem, but there's even a bigger problem: I can't uninstall it!! i don't know why, any ideas?
            • 3. Re: Error when opening Fireworks CS3 by first time
              Level 7
              I would call Adobe tech support on this one - alex

Danzalthar wrote:

> I also noticed some innadequate behaviour where the software is placed at; the
              > installer creates a folder named "Adobe" wich is fine, but the programs are
              > placed outside that folder, is this a sign that has to do with the problem I'm
              > experiencing?
              >
              > Thanks in advance.
              >