• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop (2014) Extensions greyed out, extension manager not recognizing photoshop 2014

Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im unable to migrate my plugins fomr photoshop cc to cc 2014. Extension manager doesnt seem to show the 2014 versions and also the extensions menu is greyed out inside photoshop, so Im unable to pick anything in there.

anyone knows whats going on ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im very disappointed to see that none of my extensions works with Photoshop cc 2014. ANd from what I understand the extensions needs to be reprogrammed to work. I guess there´s a good reason for this, but its very hard now to choose between using cc 2014 new features or stay with the old since there´s a lot of useful extension that is useful for working. bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Adobe ever version of Photoshop seem to need its own version of the Extension manager and new Configurator. I stopped even considering building configuratior panels. Just install scripts the normal way. The way you do not need to create an installer every time  Adobe updates Photoshop version....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donbarrum,

Try Help > Browse Addons

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just love watching revolving square on a web page do you seems like a waste of time. TO me  https://creative.adobe.com/addons?pp=PHSP&ppv=15.0&locale=en

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks I didnt know the add-on place existed I´ve installed my extensions from elsewhere.

Though, I tried a layer renamer plugin from the adobe add-on place, since that´s one of the plugin I need...which they say is for photoshop. But after installing it and restarting Photoshop, extensions is still greyed out in the menus.

Also, I use some plugins that I really need, like Coolorus 2, Layrs and CutnSlice me, none of them are there nor do they work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think an Extension manager update is coming, but not quite here yet, and I haven't heard of an ETA.

You may need to restart Photoshop for the installed Addon Extensions menu to become available, mine took a minute to post.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it again this time it did not hang with revolving squares.  So I guess Browse addons  is replacing Exchange. I see Kuler available but no Mini Bridge add on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK found Mini Bridge has been move from from menu windows>extension to menu File>Brows in Mini Bridge.   You just got to love Adobe changing  where thing are locahed so the can rack up one more change for change counters.

Some additional identification of Photoshop is needed on the web page

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extension manager now built into CC 2014 help

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks, but that just opens extension manager application. None of my extensions works anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion re Help > Browse Addons and got Extensions to work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should reinstall Extension Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use nor pay much attention to Extensions myself, so I probably shouldn't even post, but...

Don't I recall Flash-based Extensions are deprecated?  Only HTML5-based extensions will work?

Please don't quote me on this; I'm only throwing it out so you might have different keywords to use for your internet searches...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

I don't use nor pay much attention to Extensions myself, so I probably shouldn't even post, but...

Don't I recall Flash-based Extensions are deprecated?  Only HTML5-based extensions will work?

Please don't quote me on this; I'm only throwing it out so you might have different keywords to use for your internet searches...

-Noel

That's what I remember as well.

So who has got what working?  I eventually managed to get CC 2014 to appear in the Manage Extensions list after reinstalling the Extension manager, and you can see several Extensions are listed.  Dmonzon tools is there twice because I installed v2 to see if it would work with 2014.  It doesn't.  In fact the only one that appears in 2014 > Window > Extensions is Kuler.

Does anyone have anything else working?

2014 Extension Manager.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor Dennis wrote:

That's what I remember as well.

So who has got what working?  I eventually managed to get CC 2014 to appear in the Manage Extensions list after reinstalling the Extension manager, and you can see several Extensions are listed.  Dmonzon tools is there twice because I installed v2 to see if it would work with 2014.  It doesn't.  In fact the only one that appears in 2014 > Window > Extensions is Kuler.

Does anyone have anything else working?

2014 Extension Manager.JPG

Trevior how did you re-install Extension manager and what is its level???  My Creative Cloud Application shows that Photoshop CC 2014, Photoshop CC, Photoshop CS6 and Extension manager CC are up to date.   Extension Manager CC only shows Products  Pgotoshop CC 32 and CC 64.  It does not show CC 2016 64 which I nave installed. I do not have CC 2014 32 bit version installed and Extension Manager about shot it at version 7.1.1.32  .....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I got it. I re-installed Extension Manager  CC which back leveled  Extension managet version 7.1.1.32 to version  7.0.0.  When I updated Extension manager  it updated to version 7.2.0.74 and listed Photoshop CC 2014 as one of my products.  For some reason Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application is not updating Adobe Extension Manager  CC version 7.1.1.32 to 7.2.0.74....

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled all filters again and only Google2014-06-19_6-59-01.png Nik collection works..After this I copied all plugins by C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit) and i paste them in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins ....But anyway Window > Extensions still gray ...Any news??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this and I don't want to be stating the obvious for some but for those of you who have the Extensions menu option greyed out, do you have a document open? The Extensions menu along with other menu options will be greyed out until you have an open document. I just wanted to put that out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while mine was grayed out, it didn't matter if a document was open or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After copying the plugins by photoshop cc they work correctly by why i cant install them by the default installer...For example topaz fusion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing some extensions into Photoshop CC 2014 menu Windows>Extensions is not grayed out in Photoshop CC 2014.  However some extension mat install as a filter, amd some old extension are no longer listed as as extension like Mini Bridge is noe menu File>Browse in Bridge and Exchange is no menu Help>Browse menu.  Kuler is not installed by default but may be installed. using meny Help>Browse Addons...  That will acquire the extension which will be installed later by the Creative Cloud Application. Creative Cloud application did not update Extension Manager CC veraion 7.1.1.32 I had to resinstall it bact to version 7.0.0 the Creative cloude updated it to version 7.2.0.74 and Photoshop CC 2014 showed up as a product. While Exchange is shown as an extension in CC 2014 as far as I know its not for it seems to be replaced with menu Help>Browse Addons.. . and Parametric Curves is a Photoshop Script that installs in Menu Filters.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Extension Manager is not getting updated directly in some cases.

If this is what is happening for you, I was able to resolve it on my end by:

• Uninstalling the Extension Manager using its uninstaller.
  • Quit Creative Cloud Desktop Application
  • Restart CC Desktop Application
  • Reinstall Extension Manager

This should get you up to date with Extension Manager 7.2

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete.Green,

Even with Extension Manager 7.2 installed and checked, with my plugins listed on Extension Manager, Photoshop extension menu is still greyed out.

Any reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dperuho,

Hmm... Have you tried installing any of the Addons via Help > Addons?

What about restarting the Creative Cloud Desktop Application?

Another thought would be to reset preferences (last resort): blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.html#Preferences

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines