2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2015 9:15 AM by Dave LaRonde

render farm between multiple os

Fighting Badgers

Hi All,

I have a question about setting up a render farm for After Effects CC. Basically my main computer runs on OSX Maveriks, and I have two more Windows computers that I would like to help out rendering After Effects compositions. I have set up one of the machines with the After Effects CC render engine, and the Mac and other Windows machine have After Effects CC installed as part of the 2 machine license.

When I setup a watch folder render from the first windows machine to the second one, everything works fine, but what I want to do is setup the render from my Mac to both the windows machines who are monitoring a network watch folder.

Permissions are seemingly all in order, but if I set it up from the Mac both PCs give me the message: "Render control file not valid".

I have searched all over the Internet for a solution, but there seems to be nothing there. Also, I suspected it might have something to do with the way a Mac does line endings in files compared to a Windows machine, so I rewrote the RCF file on the Windows machine itself, making sure it was in the right format, but this did not work either.

Any help?

With warm regards,

Daniel