• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the "Record Additional Slides" button in Cp8?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 8, is there a "Record Additional Slides" button hiding somewhere? In Cp6 and Cp7, one would click this button to continue a recording session from a particular slide. Is it NOT in Cp8?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unless I'm missing something it just appears you are now unable to perform this function. I had hoped there would be a menu equivalent left behind but I'm not seeing one. I'm guessing the workaround here would be to create a new project using the existing project's dimensions. Then after you record, copy and paste the slides from the new project to the older one.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That’s a pretty bad miss by Adobe if they actually left that out. I often create parallel “scratch” projects where I record slides that I then clean, and paste into the main project. Or, I like to pick a slide in the main project itself, and just start recording from there. Now, it seems, I need to create a brand new project any time I want to record additional slides for the main project.

If someone else confirms that this button is truly absent in Cp8, I’ll send something to Adobe about it.

Thanks!

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That’s a pretty bad miss by Adobe if they actually left that out. I often create parallel “scratch” projects where I record slides that I then clean, and paste into the main project. Or, I like to pick a slide in the main project itself, and just start recording from there. Now, it seems, I need to create a brand new project any time I want to record additional slides for the main project.

If someone else confirms that this button is truly absent in Cp8, I’ll send something to Adobe about it.

Thanks!

Charlie Mullin

Associate Director

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Click the Slides button on the BBB and select Software Simulation to record additional slides. Apparently, Adobe thinks that is how newbies like to do it.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now... THAT qualifies as the most unintuitive move of the day. Maybe even the week! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, Rick both wording and location. I also reported that the

dreprecated Insert menu has still slides, except Recording slifdes, which

is neither very logical. I cannot clear my head and forget all routine

acquired in using applications of all kind during decennia, that is my big

problem.Thinking like a newbie is a skill I have to learn and that takes a

while..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this capability in now no longer intuitive, at least it can still be done (thanks Sreekanth!) I agree with Lilybiri and Captiv8r that this feature is no unnecessarily obscure.

Big sigh ... now, back to work...

Thanks all!

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all of you, no record button??? Really??? They have icons for everything else...why would you hide the most used function? Thanks for clarifying where it is Sreekanth, appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - it doesn't help that the support docs aren't updated with this information. (e.g., https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/captivate_reference.pdf)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my view what totally stymies me is that almost all icons in toolbars had a matching menu item to perform the same function.

Why did Adobe feel the need to force only one way for folks to accomplish things? I'm fine with having the giant buttons for newbies, but why take extra steps to penalize users that work other ways? Possibly for years?

Shaking head... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To record additional slides without having to create a new simulation and then import, I found the keyboard shortcut in the Captivate 8 user manual :

Control+Alt+O (Win), Command+Option+O (Mac)

Worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you Maya!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me as well!!  Thanks!!!  Why isn't this an available option from the file menu or icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would expect it in the Insert menu, not in the File menu. But with the change in UI in CP8, the Insert menu lost almost all options. Not very intuitive, totally agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources