8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 9:52 PM by rec-52

As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud

rec-52 Level 1

With the announcement of the 2014 Creative Cloud, I decided to go into my adobe Photoshop touch app and make sure it was still syncing with the my creative cloud account. It worked fine on the 17th. But it doesn't work any longer.

It doesn't matter whether I'm editing an existing file or creating a new one nothing gets saved to my Creative Cloud account. When I hit the sync tab, no blue line moves across the file indicating that a sync  is taking place.  The sync tab continues to say sync "in progress" and there is never any movement as in the past where the percentage would be shown until the word complete would appear. If you toggle back-and-forth with the sync  tab it either says "in progress" or "complete". However, clearly the sync is not complete.

What in the world is going on with the Creative Cloud syncing process now. It took months for the crashing problem to be fixed. Now just when I thought the sync with the Creative Cloud was working, it appears to be broke once again. Can anyone from Adobe please help? I am using an iPad Air with iOS 7.1 .1. If someone asked me to use the word frustration in a sentence, I would just say try using the Creative Cloud.

• 1. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Hmm...I can repro. The CC sync icon itself stays in a state of "in progress" and going into the options claims the sync process is "complete."

• 2. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
            dreinarz Level 1

I have the same issue.  This issue is also affecting Adobe Ideas.  I can still import a file from the Creative Cloud but cannot sync files.

Photoshop Touch v1.6.1

IOS 7.1.1

• 3. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
              ArcticStigma

Same here as well. I am unable to sync my Phone's Photoshop touch files to CC automatically. Only manually. All my touch files have black progress bars that aren't advancing.

• 4. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
                rec-52 Level 1

Hello Adobe

Once again I asked the question does anyone from Adobe monitor this form? No one from Adobe has responded to my original post. It is now July 4th and once again there is a new wrinkle in the nonfunctioning of the connection between the Adobe Photoshop touch app and my creative cloud account.

Several days after my original post the sync between the Photoshop touch app and the creative cloud seemed to function again if sporadically. Now on July 4, I'm in the position of once again having the experience of the sync tab continue to say sync "in progress" and there is never any movement as in the past where the percentage would be shown until the word complete would appear. Now the word complete doesn't appear. I have a half a dozen or more files that appear in my creative cloud account and have either an explanation point along side it or simply a blank line waiting for a sync  to occur.

The ironic thing is that these are old files and there should be no sync taking place. On July 3, all of the files in my Photoshop touch app had checkmarks indicating that they were synced. I also had a layer in a file that had been successfully synced on 3 July simply disappear when I opened the app on July 4.

I can't seem to keep track of all the ways in which the creative cloud sync function with the Adobe Photoshop touch app can go wrong.

It would really be nice if Adobe could give a paying customer some feedback. Is Adobe aware of any of these problems that are discussed in this post? Ever since the crashing issue of March this year, the sync function between the Photoshop touch app and the creative cloud has been one big disappointment and headache. Could someone from Adobe please help?

• 5. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
                  Blackbird31 Level 1

I'm having identical problems with my iPad and iPhone, files are rarely syncing, if at all. One of my files synced on 1st July, but it's really hit or miss that any sync activity will happen.

I agree, this is one big headache.

Hello Adobe support, please can you tell us what's going on?

• 6. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
                    rec-52 Level 1

Thanks for confirming that I am not alone in experiencing these sync issues. Too bad that Adobe can't seem to confirm or explain.

• 7. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
                      Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I can sync fully again (I'm on Android 4.4.4, the latest version of that OS), but sometimes things go a little funky now and then. (e.g., Saving an already-existing project saves it as "conflicting" with the original project, though my intention was to save the same project. Deleting a project doesn't delete. In all those cases, it doesn't do it every time though and it eventually clears up if I persist.)

• 8. Re: As of June 18th, There is no sync with Creative Cloud
                        rec-52 Level 1

This has pretty much been my experience as well. I have the issue with the conflicting files among the other things I have mentioned. My biggest disappointment is the total unreliability of the syncing between the adobe Photoshop touch app and your creative cloud account. Adobe keeps touting the wonderfulness of the new creative cloud 2014. My experience is that if it gets any more wonderful I'm going to scream. I keep expecting as a paying customer to have a process that is far more reliable. Every time I go into my Photoshop touch app and check my files or work on a file or sync a file, I never know exactly what is going to happen. The random and pretty much nonexistent support we get from Adobe on this forum is also a source of extreme frustration. Thanks for your input. It is once again good to know I am not alone in experiencing these issues.