1 2 3 Previous Next 117 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2015 7:14 AM by Por fin RSS

Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

LeNoug Community Member

I can't use my wacom on new photoshop no pressure, no touch, very laggy..

In last realase photoshop are jagged and inacurate but i have pressure and bugged touch.

• 1. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
          configt Community Member

Same issue, no pressure with my Wacom Intuos 4 Touch

• 2. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
            PECourtejoie ACP

Hi! in order to get help, sharing your operating system, your version of the wacom drivers (did you try to update them) might be needed.

• 3. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
              LeNoug Community Member

We are on windows 8.1

Last Driver wacom : 638-3

Hardware :

Intuos pro

Cintiq companion

Intuos 4

Tablets works fine on other software :

SAI, Manga Studio and Zbrush

• 4. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                configt Community Member

Windows 8.1

Wacom Driver is 6.3.8-4 (which is latest)

Intuos 4 Touch

Works fine in Photoshop CC just not CC 2014

• 5. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                  LeNoug Community Member

I have installed the 6.3.8-4 driver and no support of wacom tablets in photoshop cc 2014

• 6. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                    JJMack MVP

Are you on Windows 8 I have an intuos 5 touch with same driver on Windows 7 Photoshop CC  2014 works well with the tablet.

Capture.jpg

• 7. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                      configt Community Member

Both of us have stated we are running Windows 8.1

• 8. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                        M Shaw Adobe Employee

Try deleting the Wacom prefs from the Wacom Tablet Preferences File Utility.

• 9. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                          LeNoug Community Member

Thank you for your help Masters !

• 10. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                            chmtse Community Member

This isn't a good enough solution. The wacom driver is having problems with 'Windows Ink'.

I am currently using Intuos 4 on Windows 8.1, driver 6.3.8-4 (latest) in Photoshop CC 2014.

I usually have the 'Windows Ink' option unchecked and everything worked perfectly in PS CC. I have mapped the top button of the Grip Pen to 'right click' in PS to bring up the Brush preset menu.

Moving into PS CC 2014 with 'Windows Ink' unchecked, the program does not recognise pressure sensitivity. Everything else works fine (so far).

When 'Windows Ink' is checked on, pressure sensitivity returns, but using the pen button to 'right click' lags and at times is not recognised at all (unless I hold down the button and move the pen. Pressing the button without moving the pen has no response).

I prefer to have 'Windows Ink' unchecked as it's constant popping up of modifier labels and things are distracting. Is there a solution to this bug?

• 11. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                              M Shaw Adobe Employee

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\.

To turn off the gestalt's functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it doesn't contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:

# Use Win8 native tablet support

UseSystemStylus 1

• 12. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                chmtse Community Member

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

I wasn't aware that Windows Ink gave better stroke results, will test it out.

However, with Windows Ink checked, I still have a problem with the pen button and right click menu that doesn't show up.

• 13. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                  M Shaw Adobe Employee

We are aware of that issue, and have reported it to Wacom.

• 14. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                    configt Community Member

Part of the other issue it seems is that if you try to add photoshop within the Wacom utility so you can setup the preferences it does not seem to know the difference between Photoshop CC and CC 2014 because they are both "photoshop.exe".  So in my case the profiles had conflicting information and it used the Photoshop CC profile first (which had windows ink disabled).  I just have a single Photoshop profile now that uses windows ink and everything else works fine, including the buttons on the stylus.  I did wipe the settings first.

• 15. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                      mackknife Community Member

I'm on Windows 8.1 with an Intuos4 tablet.  I updated to photoshop CC 2014 and after updating the tablet driver so I had the use Windows Ink checkbox I got the pressure sensitivity back but the lines are horrible and jagged so I'm trying to revert to the old implementation following your instructions and created the txt file named PSUserConfig.txt with the lines

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

That worked to get pressure sensitivity to work whether or not the Windows ink box was checked but didn't fix the jagged lines.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of your instructions about turning off gestalt's functionality (Not even sure what that is) Is there supposed to be a PSUSerConfig.txt file because there wasn't one until I just saved the one I made.  Is any of this even going to fix the jagged lines or is that a whole different issue?

Everything works just fine in Photoshop CC 64bit

• 16. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                        Spitfire CH87 Community Member

Enabling Windows ink brings back the pressure sensitivity, but right clicking with the pen still does not work! Very annyoing!

• 17. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                          PPhotography808 Community Member

I'm having "issues" that I'm going to attribute to my Wacom tablet (Intous 4). (Mac Pro (2013), OS 10.9.4). Occasionally I get what can only be described as boxes and sometimes checkered patterns around the area I'm using my pen. Only occurs with PS CC 2014. Since I use Oil Paint filter quite often, keeping PS CC--no problems with tablet at all. Also should note occurs more often with I'm using layers and mask, especially empty layers.

• 18. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                            saschi Community Member

Same here: no rightClick with my intuos3 special edition. Did install the latest drivers after upgrading to ps cc 2014. I'm on win8 btw. I need to work, so i'll go back to ps cc - very annoying, dear Adobe!!!!!

• 19. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                              M Shaw Adobe Employee

Re: Right click

you can move the stylus a little bit while pressing the right click switch to fire context items, or you can revert to the driver prior to the most recent.

• 20. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                saschi Community Member

Thank you for reply - i use the cc now: i encountered another fatal issue with 2014, so i wait for an update.

Just for info: i wrote some text in my heavy layered picture (50 layers or so), did a quick save, PS crashed, loaded the saved file(luckily it was there...!), but damn, the text (normally vectors stored in textlayers) was scattered all over the document in different layers, but as pixels! So i had to manually removed all that garbage typeparts - 1 hour work for nothing...

Don't know if that was a unique bug only on my config and machine, but it was. Very, very annoying...

• 21. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                  M Shaw Adobe Employee

There have been some reports of installer discrepancies, which have been resolved by leaving PS CC 2014 installed, and un-install and re-install PS CC (14.2.1), you might want to give that a try. It is still under investigation.

• 22. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                    jakestollery Community Member

Hi there!

I'm having the same issue. Right click only works when I move it slightly and Adobe Camera Raw doesn't even work with my tablet properly.

Windows 8.1, Intuos 4.

I'll stick with the previous version of Adobe CC (NOT 2014).

I hope a fix comes soon, I really like all the new features

X

• 23. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                      PauloRomero Community Member

Hi Guys.

In my Photoshop CC 2014 the pressure pen not work too. It worked in the previous CC version.

I am keeping the previous version installed to can use the pen pressure.

That should be corrected by Adobe. I use a tablet C3Tech and i don't found nothing as "windows ink" there.

• 24. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                        Beachsweeper Community Member

I have installed on my system (Win 7) three versions of PS: CS6, CC, and CC2014; and LR5.5. I use the Wacom Intuos 4. I have installed the latest Wacom driver (6.3.8-4). My Wacom Utility DOES show three icons for PS (one that looks different, so that's the one for CS6, as it matches the icon on my Task Bar), and two identical ones for the CC versions. I PRESUME that this means the utility allows me to make different settings for each program (I want my settings to be the same for each PS [I don't have any LR settings]), so I have not checked this out.

• 25. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

I have installed on my ** WINDOWS 7** system [Home Premium, updated] three versions of PS: CS6, CC, and now CC 2014; also have installed LR5.5. I use a Wacom Intuos 4M tablet. PRIOR to the CC2014 install, my pen pressure was working correctly. NOW, it does not, in that no matter what I do (and I am not a new user to PS!), the pen acts as if the 'use pen pressure' is checked ON... And it may also not be responding to my dragging-instruction to make the brush larger-smaller (can't tell when the pen is malfunctioning this way.)

This bug makes this version of PS rather unuseable to me as a tablet user, since so many tools act like brushes, but I can't use them well if they are going to be functioning like, well, pencils. (No, the pencil tool is NOT active.) Please note that the pen works as usual with PS CS6 and PS CC and LR, as well as other non-Adobe programs. AND that the MOUSE works as expected (ie, brush hardness or softness as desired, etc.)

Re 'fix' mentioned above: I do not find any 'Windows Ink' on my Windows 7 system. Please advise?

• 26. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                            tvanhuynh Community Member

I have the exact same problem and I'm operating on Windows 8.1, like everyone else. My Wacom Intuos 4 tablet has worked with everything before and including CC, but will NOT work for CC 2014. I'm experiencing the same pen pressure problem, but literally NONE of the fixes recommended above have worked for me. I don't even have the older versions installed, meaning I'm just screwed.

• 27. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                              Gabriel Brettas Community Member

The "Windows Ink" is a option on the wacom property window, on the screen map area

• 28. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Thank you for that clarification! I'll admit I haven't used the Mapping tab.

However, I doubt that has anything to do with my problem, since I read that this option was already in the driver(s) I had installed previously, when everything was working normally with my pen. Since it's not now checked on, I presume that the default option is to have it off, so I don't think it would have checked it on before (when I didn't even know it was there or what it did). Therefore, that condition remains the same, but the error is new.

I do have further clarification about my problem:

My pen DOES work as expected IF I use it as a BRUSH per se or as the ERASER, in that the size and softness are what I want, and are exactly the same when I switch over to using the mouse.

It does NOT work when I use the pen as either the SPOT HEALING BRUSH or the CLONE STAMP TOOL, in which case it becomes as if I have checked on the Use Pen Pressure option, but when I immediately switch over to the mouse when using either of those two tools, the behavior of the tool is as I want... then switch back to the pen, and I'm back to the error.

I have not checked out other scenarios. I invite others to try.

• 29. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                  studiorobb Community Member

i have to join this club...my Intuos 5 draws okay, but my radial "hot key" menu does not (except for weird things like "duplicating layers". simple things like "open" and "copy" do *not* work).

i've downloaded the latest and greatest Wacom drivers and the "windows ink" box is checked, but, still, no luck. as others have mentioned, my radial menu *does* work just fine with Ps-CS6 extnd.

if this doesn't get resolved, i'll be forced to cancel my CC 2014 subscription, since i can't seem to make it work... (>.<)

• 30. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                    Chris Cox Adobe Employee

Have you contacted Wacom about their driver not working correctly with CC 2014?

• 31. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

good point. i have not. i guess i was hoping that, by now, someone else would have already contacted them to see if it's their driver or not. or, that this was a CC 2014 bug and that someone was working on it. instead, i'm finding many people in the same boat. (O.o;) anyway, i just wrote Wacom, so we'll see .

• 32. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                        M Shaw Adobe Employee

@studiorobb-What OS?  How are you firing off the radial menu? Works as expected for me on Win 8 bringing up radial menu from device button or stylus switch?

• 33. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

thanks for responding, M! \(^.^)/

my OS is windows 8. i use the device button to bring up the radial menu. the RM *does* pop up, but when i select simple things like "open" or "copy" (ie, hot keys that already exist in the Ps hot key library)............nothing happens. on the other hand, i created a hot key for duplicate layer...and *that* selection on my radial button works? (O.o;)

i do not have this issue using windows 7 and Ps CC 2104, nor do i have this issue using windows 8 and Ps-CS6 extnd. i suspect the unholy trinity of wacom/windows 8/Ps CC 2014  is responsible for the communication breakdown.

btw, my PC also has an integrated vid-card, which i plan to get rid of. don't know if that's part of the equation or not.

• 34. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                            M Shaw Adobe Employee

If the actions that you are trying to access are added to the All Applications pie versus the App specific pie do they work for you?

• 35. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

wacom wrote me and had me disconnect my intuos, uninstall the software, download/install a new driver, and reattach the tablet.

i followed their directions and installed the updated driver. it sort of fixed the radial menu problem. now nothing i attribute to the top menu works...but submenu selections work fine? ex: <ctrl>+O = open menu. when i assign that to a section on the top menu, it doesn't work. when i assign it to a section of the submenu, it works fine?

confusing.

as mentioned earlier: radial menu works fine with windows 8/Ps-Cs6 extnd. it also works fine with windows 7 and Ps CC 2014. but the radial menu has issues with windows 8 and Ps CC 2014.

• 36. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                sambroadleaf Community Member

Absolutely same horrible issue here!

PROGRAM IS UNUSABLE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO YOUR WORK RIGHT!

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's,

Who asked you to do that?

show us AT LEAST ONE USER that asked you to BREAK the software!
                                                                                Where these careless decisions come from?

Who is responsible for making them?! Who is that person, i want to see the face of that man!

Who tests your program prior to release!? Nobody? Do you even use it before throwing it a release build?!

How can you ALLOW this to happen?!

FIX

AND NO THIS THREAD IS NOT ANSWERED

• 37. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                  Chris Cox Adobe Employee

Many users asked Photoshop to support the MS APIs, because their tablets didn't support the WINTAB API correctly.

And Wacom functions are working for most people. Those who have trouble with it usually need to update their Wacom drivers, or enable the Ink setting in the Wacom control panel.

And yes, Photoshop CC 2014 was tested extensively by many people using many different models of Wacom tablet - without any problems.

• 38. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

The problem is not only Wacom devices. My Tablet is not Wacom and i have

the same problem. The pen pressure is one of the most importante resourse

to designers in Photoshop. How work without this resourse???

2014-07-21 3:14 GMT-03:00 Chris Cox <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

created by Chris Cox <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Chris+Cox> in *Photoshop

General Discussion* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/6567593#6567593>

• 39. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

The problem is not only Wacom devices. My Tablet is not Wacom and i have the same problem. The pen pressure is one of the most importante resourse to designers in Photoshop. How work without this resourse???

1 2 3 Previous Next