1 2 3 4 Previous Next 144 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 7:01 AM by OneSlip Go to original post
      • 80. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
        Ramigrafx Level 1

I have just noticed this thread as I had no previous problems with my Intuos 4 and Windows 8.1,and Photoshop cc. However now trying it with cc 2014 I have lost the pressure sensitivity.

Together with other problems with cc 2014 and compatibility with their addons I would not recommend updating to 2014. Stick with cc

Ramigrafx

• 81. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
          Ramigrafx Level 1

Where do I find this 'Windows Ink' please

• 82. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
            Paul Wright Photography Level 1

I've just built a new high-spec workstation class PC...Win 8.1 & Photoshop 2014. Wacom driver is 6.3.9w3.

I have the same extremely annoying pressure issues. Unchecking Windows Ink in Mapping does restore some functionality, but pressure sensitivity is still an irritating ZERO.

I've tried this with no useful changes.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder:

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\

Has anyone got anywhere with this? I've been posting in the Wacom forums as well, and there has been a disturbing lack of input from Wacom on threads there, they usually have something to contribute, but not on this matter.

-pw

• 83. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
              Level 7

If you are on Win 8, you really shouldn't have to use the wintab interface.

But do make sure that you have an up to date Wacom driver.

• 84. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Hi Chris,

I'm running Wacom driver is 6.3.9w3 which is the latest that I can find as of yesterday.

The Wintab thing seems to make no difference at all and I've removed the file described above. If Windows Ink is checked in the Wacom Mapping Preferences, the pen is almost useless, no left or right click functionality. If I press and hold I get a bizarre, useless white 1cm wide circle which has no obvious function. So Windows Ink has to remain unchecked.

Still no pen-pressure functionality in Photoshop CC 2014 (latest update) v 2014.2.0

-pw

• 85. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                  Level 7

Contact Wacom - something is really wrong with the drivers.

• 86. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                    Ramigrafx Level 1

Hi,

As  I mentioned before I had the same problem. I'm running Win8.1 on a new high spec pc. Wacom Intuos 4 worked perfectly in Photoshop cc but in cc14 failed to have any pressure sensitivity. I followed the instruction regarding creating the  PSUserConfig.txt  file as mentioned above, which is the information provided by Wacom. Still did not work. However if you go into the brush settings in cc14, make sure that pen pressure is selected in the controls for the brush shapes. I did this whilst playing around and the pen started working perfectly again.

Windows Ink is ticked in the Wacom driver

Hope that this is of some help to you.

Ramigrafx

• 87. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Hi Ramigrafx,

That was helpful. Thank you.

But something in Win 8.1 that needs to be unchecked is in "Pen and Touch". Go to Pen and Touch, Pen Options, Press and Hold, Settings, Uncheck "Enable Press and Hold", OK.

This will be very helpful for anyone using Win 8.1.

-pw

• 88. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                        Ramigrafx Level 1

Hi.

I did not change any setting in 'Pen and Tough or 'Tablet PCSettings,

For the record my settings Pen and Touch are

single tap   single click

double tap   double click

press and hold   right click

Pen buttons both ticked.

Regards,

Ramigrafx

• 89. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                          ben_towle

Chris - It's pretty obvious from the variety of hardware (and other graphics software) people are using in this thread that this isn't a driver issue; it's an issue with Windows PS CC 2014. Don't you think it'd be more fruitful in the long run for Adobe to acknowledge this bug and get moving on sorting it out?

-B.

• 90. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                            ben_towle Level 1

Yes, I read that. But isn't "windows ink" an option specific to Wacom's driver software? Even if that fixes things for Wacom devices, what about the myriad other tablet/monitor input devices?

• 91. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                              Victor Wolansky Level 1

Well... Windows Ink is a very annoying windows thing, not sure what is good for really. There is an option for Wacom to not use it, and that is what most of us do, not use it. You lose the right click if you use it, and also get those annoying things around the arrow when you click....  I do not know why Adobe had to  "fix" something that was not broken....

• 92. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                M Shaw Adobe Employee

The right click issue when using system stylus is fixed in the latest release, as well as the Airbrush Stylus stylus wheel issue. Using the System Stylus does give nicer strokes.

wintab vs WMPointer.png

• 93. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                  Victor Wolansky Level 1

sorry, latest release of what? Wacom Drivers? what version are you using? because I installed an update last week in my system and still had that annoying thing that it does when you click and right click... those circles around the cursor... only went away when disabled windows ink.

• 94. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                    M Shaw Adobe Employee

the right click issue when using system stylus is fixed in the latest release of Photoshop (CC 2014.2.0), as well as the Airbrush Stylus stylus wheel issue. Re the visual cursor feedback, I have press and hold disabled in Pen and Touch control panel, so do not get the double ring cursor animation. In some dialogs or edit fields I do get a minor stylus cursor feedback for a single click, but not on canvas interaction with tools. What are your specific paint points when interacting with Windows Ink enabled. We can pass these along to the Microsoft folks in hope of getting them to take a second look at their current behaviors.

• 95. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                      Victor Wolansky Level 1

I do not remember, does the right click works with other applications if you let windows ink enabled? I always had it disabled even before the Photoshop issue since was problematic too with other apps I use like 3DS MAX, PFtrack, Syntheyes, etc.... 

• 96. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?

Hi Victor,

I stumbled on a fix for the white circle in another thread. Win 8.1 has all sorts of tablet controls built in.

What needs to be unchecked is in Win 8.1 "Pen and Touch". Go to Pen and Touch> Pen Options> Press and Hold> Settings> Uncheck "Enable Press and Hold"> OK>

This worked on my Win 8.1, CC2014, Wacom Driver_6.3.9w3 system. I now leave Windows Ink checked in Wacom Mappings prefs, and now have no annoying white circle.

This whole schemozzle is looking a lot like an Adobe issue rather than a Wacom issue. Given that a likely majority of imaging professionals across the planet use and rely on  Wacom products all the way from Bamboo, Intuos through to Cintique, you'd like to think that Adobe and Wacom are in conversation with each other prior to software updates that will have an effect on the others product. Can't be too hard.

-pw

• 97. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                          Ramigrafx Level 1

Hi Victor.

Looks like different systems work differently. See my reply above which solved my issues. Going to try my Intuos 4 tablet on a new clean installation on another pc tomorrow, and will report back.

Re your last paragraph. Considering the mess that Adobe have got themselves in with the majority of their Add-ons not working in Photoshop cc14, different departments in Adobe obviously don't talk to each other, so how can you expect them to talk to Wacom.

Ramigrafx

• 98. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                            andydernie

Hi I had the the crashing issue with my wacom cintiq companion and tried the solutions on this page with no luck!

I went over to Intel® Download Center to check on my drivers, ran the test and found an update. After install all working as expected.

Just thought I'd share, hope it helps someone.

Regards

Andy

• 99. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                              JBoisve Level 1

HI

The suggestion to create a PSUserConfig file does not work for me. The only way to get pressure sentivity is to "check" the Use Ink Window in the wacom preference. But in this way I have problem with the double-clic which behaves incorrectly in Photoshop.

Thanks

Jules

• 100. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                M Shaw Adobe Employee

Hi Jules, can you be more specific on how it behaves incorrectly? Are you using the most recent update to CC2014?

Thanks

Mike

• 101. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                  JBoisve Level 1

For example, when I would like to highlight the text on a text layer I use to double-clic on the T.

When I set wacom preference to use Window Ink then it doesn't work....Let say, the Text Tool is selected and then I double clic on the T of a text layer the the text becomes hlighlighted and immediatey the text become non highlighted.  It is like the double clic is followed by a single clic ...but I just clic twice not three times.

Also, when using Photoshop add-on (for example Silver Efex Pro)  when I double clic on a slider normally this reset the slider to zero...but when I double clic then the slider goes to zero and immediately goes back to the position it was before I double clic. I got the same behavior in Lightroom.  Again it is like when I double clic the system detect the double clic but following by a third one.

When I unflagged the use window ink....I do not have this problem.....but I do not have sentivity pressure.

Thanks

Jules

• 102. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                    JBoisve Level 1

...and Yes I use the latest photoshop cc 2014.2.1   and also the latest Wacom driver 6.3.10.w2

• 103. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                      M Shaw Adobe Employee

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the response.

I was able to reproduce this behavior using the WinTab route as well as the SystemStylus default in Photoshop. Interestingly though the behavior was only occurring with one of my styluses. If I set the double click distance for the offending stylus to off in the Wacom driver the problem stopped occurring.

Hope this helps,

Mike

• 104. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                        JBoisve Level 1

Hi Mike

Thank you very much. This solve my problem. Now, everything works perfectly in Photoshop (of course I need to check "use windows ink" in Wacom driver for the Photoshop application).

It is weird that this double click distance parameter in the wacom driver is problematic when we check "use Windows ink"  because my understanding is when you check this option then the stylus behavior will now be using the Windows parameter and not the Wacom ones.

Thanks

jules

• 105. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                          Delphin23

I won't speak too soon, but your solution worked for me after an entire day trying other methods.
                                                          But a few days ago using an older driver was the solution, until today.
                                                          So here's hoping, and thank you.

• 106. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                            slcsailer

thanks worked, your a life saver!

• 107. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                              JBoisve Level 1

Hi

Now, I have problem with the right click.  I assigned right click to the upper switch ...when I used it ...it doesn't right click...in fact it react as it was a left click.

Thanks

jules

• 108. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                inhesion

Hi, my English is not perfect but I will try to explain my problems with PS CC 2014 and Wacom Intuos Pro. I'm a windows 8.1 x64 user, I have Wacom Intuos Pro with up-to-date drivers installed(6.3.11w3) and Photoshop CC 2014.2.1. When "Use Windows Ink" option is enabled I can't work properly because when I try to slide brush size(for example) with the left-right slide movement of pen, it needs about 20 pixels free space to move until the value changes.. It looks like delay in movement. Another example is when I establish point in "Curves" adjustment layer and try to move this point due to pressing the pen tip on tablet surface and moving aside any way the point starts changing it's position only when I move tip more far than 20(for example) pixels. The first advice I followed  was to turn off "Use windows ink" option, but this case another issue: in PS CC 2014.2.1 no pressure (and similar) sensivity. Please tell me how to fix this problem. Creating .txt file will not fix the issue because, as was written before, when Lightroom executes PS, Photoshop wont work properly. Changing "Tip double-click distance" to off does not fices the problem because I still need some delay in space to move tip until the value changes.

• 109. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                  Pictus 171 Level 1

I found a way to fix the LAG for Windows 8.1 + Photoshop + Wacom Bamboo(Driver 5.3.5-3)

Rename and reboot: You will need to take ownership, see Add “Take Ownership" to Right-click Menu in Windows 8.1

c:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\

and

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\

to something else like

c:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink_CRAP\

and

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink_CRAP\

In the control panel "Pen and Touch" I also disabled "Flicks", "Press and Hold" and "Single-tap"

I also using Lazy Nezumi Pro - Mouse and Pen Smoothing for PhotoShop and other Apps  and it is fantastic, new life to my Bamboo!!

• 110. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                    jessical24397111

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

• 111. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                      lamocca88

I have the same problem but I think the problem its because the software of wacom system it is not compatible with adobe.

• 112. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                        jodywobrien

Thank you very much!

• 113. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                          Trevor Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Pictus 171 wrote:

I found a way to fix the LAG for Windows 8.1 + Photoshop + Wacom Bamboo(Driver 5.3.5-3)

Rename and reboot: You will need to take ownership, see Add “Take Ownership" to Right-click Menu in Windows 8.1

c:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\

and

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\

to something else like

c:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink_CRAP\

and

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink_CRAP\

In the control panel "Pen and Touch" I also disabled "Flicks", "Press and Hold" and "Single-tap"

I also using Lazy Nezumi Pro - Mouse and Pen Smoothing for PhotoShop and other Apps  and it is fantastic, new life to my Bamboo!!

With regards to LNP, Guillaume mentioned using a new way of 'handling pen input' in an update dated April this year, but this is far too recent to be referring to the MS API for pen input:

_______________________________________________________________

April 09, 2015 - Better Pen Precision in Win8!

Thanks to users who let me know they were still having offset issues in Win8, I did some more research and found a much better way to handle pen input! This change adds better precision and will hopefully get rid of all offset issues for multi-monitor users.

This update also adds some usability improvements:

• The constraint overlay graphics are now hidden when the user selects a bypassed Photoshop tool.
                                                                          • Added a Distortion Scripting On/Off global shortcut.
                                                                          • All global shortcuts except Hook Window are now unregistered when a non hooked application is in focus.

_______________________________________________________________

I have a sneaky suspicion that Photoshop has slowed down since I installed the drivers for a newly acquired Cintiq Companion 2 — even when the CC2 is not plugged in.  Unfortunately, I am finding the entire CC2 usage something of a challenge, which is why I have not updated the thread I started on the subject.  It works great as a stand alone device — but only in conjunction with a Bluetooth keyboard, but it is not working well when connected to my computer.

• 114. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                            ranksoftheinsane

Photoshop CC 2014 changes stylus use to use Microsoft system API's, with these API's you need to have Windows Ink enabled. These API's give better stroke results and improve the out of the box experience for users using Windows tablet/convertible devices. If you want to go back to the old WinTab implementation of previous versions do the following:

Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 Settings\.

To turn off the gestalt's functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it doesn't contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:

# Use Win8 native tablet support

UseSystemStylus 1

This worked for me on Win 8.1 with Intuos Pro + PS CC 2014.

Many thanks!

Paul

• 115. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                              danr6681926

Photoshop CC 2015 [ 16.0.0.88 ]

Windows 8.1 pro

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.0.0.88, time stamp: 0x55681d39

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000543a835

Faulting process id: 0x3b0c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0af8303d9c923

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 4a6f4b6b-1b76-11e5-bf26-382c4a8cbdc8

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Trying to increase the size of the brush with shortcuts while using the pen tablet to draw a line, (win ink on, pressure working)

http://i.imgur.com/s0l5Kh7.png

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz    39 °C

Tecnologia Haswell 22nm

RAM

12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665 Mhz (9-9-9-24)

Placa mãe

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85M-E/BR (SOCKET 1150)    28 °C

Gráficos

AOC LCD (1920x1080@60Hz)

T2442e (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ZOTAC International)    53 °C

Storage

111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G (SSD)    29 °C

931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)    30 °C

1397GB Seagate Desktop USB Device (SSD)    29 °C

Drives óticos

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB

outros: Razer Naga [mouse], Wacom intuos pro tablet

• 116. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                loring69795353

This isnt helping me at all i have no idea where to even find the stuff your talking about

• 117. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                  Por fin

Thank you M Shaw!

I had the same problem with a Huion GT185HD, now I´ve solved it with your help.

• 118. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                    JaguarRoar Level 1

Hello everyone, I have been experiencing some of the problems mentioned here and this is what worked for me.

I have:

Windows 10

Photoshop CC 2015 (latest version as of today)

Wacom Intuos Pro Medium with latest Wacom drivers (6.3.14-1)

First, these are the problems that I have been experiencing:

- In Photoshop, pen pressure didn't work (hazard triangle with the message "Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet"). Enabling Windows Ink in the Wacom driver (you can do it only for photoshop) fixed the problem BUT then appeared another problem - right click didn't work.

The FIX:

- Go to Windows settings, search for "change tablet pen settings". Check the option that says "Use the pen button as a right-click equivalent"

- In the Wacom driver, enable Windows Ink for Photoshop.

After this everything worked for me including pen pressure, right click and no annoying rings when right clicking.

------------------------------------

**My other settings:

*The Windows Ink option is disabled for "All Other" (otherwise you will get annoying ring / ripple around cursor when holding the click) - it is only enabled for Photoshop, but the ring doesn't appear there

*In the "change tablet pen settings" menu , press and hold for right click is disabled and also the "use the top of the pen to erase ink" is disabled. I also disabled "flicks" - in the second tab.

*For your knowledge, there also different pen settings in windows settings > devices > pen. I disabled the Show Visual Effects and Show Cursor options although they don't seem to effect anything

Have a nice day

1 person found this helpful
                                                                                    • 119. Re: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ?
                                                                                      teomorell Level 1

It was working perfectly for me on Windows 8.1. I started having issues with the sliders on W10. Disabling the Windows Ink and creating the PSUserConfig.txt helped with the problem on Photoshop. I still have the problem with Lightroom.

Is this a problem on the Adobe side? If so, is there an ETA for the fix?

Thanks!