• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC (2014) fails to start (0xc000007b)

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Photoshop CC (2014) - all seemed ok. However when I try to launch PS I get the following message "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc 000007b) Click OK to close the application"

ACR also displays the same message when I try to open an image into PS.

Any help would be very much appreciated - been on hold now for 30 minutes with Adobe UK Technical Support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

ok, FINALLY got this working, here is how to fix...

1) Uninstall the 2012 C++ Redistributables, both (x86) and (x64).

2) Goto C:\windows\system32 and make sure these files are gone (if not, delete them):  msvcp110.dll & msvcr110.dll

3) Re-install the 2012 C++ Redistributable, for (x86) and (x64). http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

4) Verify the new msvcp110.dll is 661,456 bytes in size.

5) Open CC 2014!

The problem was the msvcp110.dll file that was present was 535,008 bytes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Just installed all the new CC 2014 apps on Windows 7 x64 and they all fail to launch with the same error (0xc000007b). Have followed all links I can find on this problem, and have removed and reinstalled ALL C++ Redistributables (2005,2008,2010,2012,2013) and still get same error on launch.

Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you I've followed all the various forum suggestions including removing and reinstalled ALL C++ Redistributables (2005,2008,2010,2012,2013) as you have and like you no luck.

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with Adobe Tech Support who were, frankly, useless and in the end I gave up with them.

This must be a problem at Adobe's end since everything was running sweet as you like before I downloaded PS CC (2014)

Please Adobe sort this out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe really needs to sort this out quickly. To release new products that flat out do not work is unacceptable. We have installed the CC 2014 apps onto to Mac and they all work fine.

There is clearly something wrong with the CC 2014 apps on Windows. I still have Bridge CC and Encore CS6 installed which continue to work, only CC 2014 apps give the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to open a file into ACR through Bridge do you get the same error message? I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get the error, but when I try and lauch PS CC2014 I get the "Photoshop has stopped working and will close" every time. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem I had was re-establishing file type associations (but I'm on Windows 8.1 Update x64) after I uninstalled PS CC version 14. Other than that, both PS CC 2014 and Bridge CC work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not receiving any errors in Bridge CC, but I do not have Acrobat installed either.

It would appear that the people that can get this working have something installed we do not, that Adobe have taken for granted.

I will install 2014 onto a different system and see if I get the same results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By ACR I mean Adobe Camera Raw not Acrobat. If I double click on an image in Bridge its should launch Photoshop and then load the image into ACR. When I double click the image in Bridge I get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I don't think that is a Bridge problem, it is just unable to launch Photoshop CC 2014 and fails with the same error.

I have installed CC 2014 on a different machine and I am able to launch the app. I have compared what is installed on that machine, but I am not seeing anything obviously different that would cause it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experiencing this, tried reinstalling Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update for x86 / x64?

Have heard reports that that installation is resolving this.

Give it a try,

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks Pete, but have already tried that a few times. I have the latest versions installed for all the Redistributables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that without success I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the app that's working if you look inside the Photoshop CC (2014) folder do you have any files such as msvxr110.dll, msvcp100.dll, msvcr110dll etc? They exist in the Bridge CC and PS CS6 folders on my computer but not in PS CC (2014).

Some of the results from Googling this issue indicate that these files are missing or corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that also. Tried pasting every version I can find (v100, v110 etc..) into the program folder with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok - it's just that in my Photoshop CC (2014) folder there weren't any of these types of files so I was wondering whether on the computer that you have got PS CC (2014) working they do exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The msvc*.dll's are installed with the C++ redistributables. I have compared them against the machine that did and did not work, and I am not seeing any differences (in both system32 and syswow64 folders).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, FINALLY got this working, here is how to fix...

1) Uninstall the 2012 C++ Redistributables, both (x86) and (x64).

2) Goto C:\windows\system32 and make sure these files are gone (if not, delete them):  msvcp110.dll & msvcr110.dll

3) Re-install the 2012 C++ Redistributable, for (x86) and (x64). http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

4) Verify the new msvcp110.dll is 661,456 bytes in size.

5) Open CC 2014!

The problem was the msvcp110.dll file that was present was 535,008 bytes instead of 661,456 bytes. Even the reinstall of the C++ 2012 was not updating the file as it was supposed to, so the old one remained.

Hope this helps out someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, really well done - this seems to have solved the problem. Many thanks for your perserverance - I can go to bed now and hopefully get back to work as normal with PS tomorrow. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT guy will shoot me if I do this on my company computer.. there has to be an easier way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is an easier way, since this is technically a Microsoft problem. The 2012 C++ Redistributable uninstaller is not removing it's own files, and the installer is not updating them.

Isn't the deployment of CC 2014 your IT guy's responsibility anyway? I say that, because I am the IT guy here, and nobody else is going to fix these problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me a dummy proof step by step guide to do this fix? Ill just do it myself and deal with the IT guy later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, sorry to hear that. It's hard for me to help you anymore than the steps I have already outlined above. Your machine may have IT restrictions in place, that do not let you uninstall, or re-install.

If you can have permission to do that, then the given steps are the easiest way. As long as you re-install the 2012 C++ Redist, you won't break anything.

If you do not have permission to uninstall/re-install, then you would have to manually locate the .dll's from the internet, and replace them. This is more risky since you cannot guarantee the files are "clean".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I was not getting the same error message as everyone else, I looked through some of the other posts on the forums that have now surfaced and took the recommendation to update my graphics driver. After the update PSCC2014 doesnt crash anymore. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know slyon2! I'm running Nvidia driver 337.88 which is the latest release, so I did not encounter those issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines