Okay, thanks. I'm running CS6.
Actually, Adobe is still providing Camera Raw updates for both CC and CS6, so it's worth troubleshooting that error message to see why it didn't install. On my Mac, ACR 8.5 appeared in the list for Photoshop CS6.
Yikes! You are correct Conrad, I hit upon the wrong Raw 8.5 update page.
I have requested that my answer be un-marked as correct so that future searchers are not misled.
Please provide a screenshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences. Please ensure Camera Raw entries are present here.
This ensure your updates application.
If it is not present then you need to uninstall and re-install PS.
Please provide us with the following logs:
You can find them at:
Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers
/Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0
Please follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- Quit and Relaunch CC app
- Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application.
- Mac OS: Go to the Applications folder and open the Adobe Creative Cloud alias.
- Windows 7: Go to Start > All Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud
- Windows 8: Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application from the Start Screen.
- Click the Apps tab in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Click on All Apps, then Previous Version
- Your installed CC Product would be listed, Click on Install Drop-down and then select the CC 2014 to install.
- After Successful Installation, Update your Product
Let me know if you are still not able to Update ACR.
I encounter the same problem with the Camera Raw 8.6 update.
Here is the error message:
Photoshop Camera Raw 8.6(CS6)
Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7
The instructions above seem to be for PhotoShop CC, and I'm running CS6.
Is it true that the updates are for Creative Cloud only?
When I click on the link you sent, I get this error message:
Access Denied You don't have permission to access "
on this server.
Do you have any suggestions?
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:09 AM, adriana ohlmeyer <email@example.com>
Yes, clear your browser cache and remove the word stage from the link above. I am not sure why it is redirecting you there. Let me know if it works! Thanks!
It worked! Thanks so much!