See thread at Re: Lightroom 5.5 "Develop Module Disabled, please renew your membership" for solution -
" Just had help with this from support. They had me log out of the creative cloud app and close LR. Then they had me remove all the files in the following folder (I backed them up to the desktop in another folder)
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache folder'
I restarted LR and it asked me to sign in and then worked fine."
If you are having this issue still please try the following troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Sign out of Lightroom 5.5 and then sign back in with your Adobe ID.
Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder ::
NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.
- Use the Finder to navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore or Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore.
- Control-click the folder and choose Get Info.
- Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.
- Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.
- Set permissions:
- Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.
Win 7/ Win 8:
SLStore :: ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore
Win 32 bit: Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\
Win 64 bit: Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\
- In File Explorer, right-click the SLCache or the SLStore folder and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab and set permissions:
Administrators: Full Control
Power Users: Everything but Full Control and Special
System: Full Control
Users: Read and Special
- Click Advanced, and, if asked, accept the User Account Control (UAC)elevation prompt.
- Click the Owner tab, select Administrators, and click Edit.
- Select Replace Owner on Subcontainers and Objects. Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click the Permissions tab and click Change Permissions.
- Select Replace all Child Object Permissions with Inheritable Permissions from this Object. Click OK, and then click Yes.
- Click OK, and then click OK again in the Windows Security dialog box. Click OK to close the Advanced Security Settings dialog box.
Suggestion 2: Rename the SLCache folder and re-launch Lightroom 5.5
We are tracking this Lightroom issue. Please let me know which solution resolved your issue.
If these solutions did not work resolve the problem for you, let us know.