6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 3:50 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements Sounds effects question

MarkG77482

Hi!  On the website 'features' page, it says the Premiere Elements comes with 250+ sound effects.  Is 'reverb' one of those effects?  And do I have to buy an 'enhanced' version of Premiere Elements to access those effects?  Thanks for reading!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
          A.T. Romano Level 7

markg77482

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now I will assume Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.....

1. You need to make the distinction between "audio effects" and "sound effects" in Premiere Elements 12.

The "audio effects" are found in the Expert workspace under fx Effects. The Reverb effect is found there. But

it is a Windows Only effect. One Mac user has reported the use of the New Blue Audio Polish effect and its Ambience

option for the workaround in Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

12 Audio Effects.JPG

Sound Effects are found found under the Audio Tab of the Expert workspace and contain several categories.

SoundEffects12.jpg

Audio Tab/Sound Effects is where you are going to find "250+ Sound Effects".

Excerpt from my blog post on Premiere Elements 12 First Look

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 First Look Details

Sound Effects has 13 subcategories and a total of 267 or 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explostions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (29 or 30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20).

Please review and consider and supply more information so that we are giving version/computer specific information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
            MarkG77482 Level 1

ATR -

Thank you very much for your time and consideration!  I am not as tech savvy as I'd like to be, but can at least provide the context of my question.  You're quite right - I'm asking about an audio effect, not a sound effect.  The context:  I am a classical vocalist who has found it very useful to make videos at home for demonstration purposes.  As takes place in a standard recording studio session, adding a bit of reverb to the recording helps the sound loose that "tenor in a small booth" quality.  Reverb for me provides a more appropriate virtual room to sing in.

Following recent advice, I probably about to purchase some version of MacBook Pro and Premiere Elements.  However, if I follow you, you're saying that only the windows version of PE has the desired "reverb" audio effect.  Do you know if the Mac option, the New Blue Audio Polish effect/ambience option would achieve the same end?  I'm also hoping the parameters of either are flexible; allowing me to adjust how much reverb and other aspects; room type, room size, damping, sustain, etc.

Once again, thanks for your response and for reading all this.  If you have any further guidance, that would be great!

All the best, Mark

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
              A.T. Romano Level 7

MarkG77482

Thanks for the reply with further details of your situation.

The Reverb audio effect is not available in Premiere Elements Mac. The other day one of the Premiere Elements Mac users got New Blue Audio Polish and its Ambience option to work as sort of a workaround for Reverb. But it is not possible to project if what was accomplished there would meet your requirements.

I suspect that the best answer might be to download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 Mac to evaluate the New Blue Audio Polish audio effect for your specific projects. And, it is always best to look at the tryout first in order to assure that the program is compatible with your computer environment and your source media formats.

I am not sure if you are a dedicated Mac user or not. If you have the opportunity to look at Reverb in Premiere Elements 12 Windows and New Blue Audio Polish audio effect in Premiere Elements 12 Mac, that would be the best of both worlds.This is what the New Blue Audio Polish Panel looks like in Premiere Elements 12 Windows. Under each of the unopened Individual Parameters, there is a slider for adjustments.

Audio Effects 12.JPG

This is what Reverb looks like in Premiere Elements 12 Windows. Under each of the unopened Individual Parameters, there is a slider for adjustments.

ReverbWindows.JPG

Please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...At this time, I do not know if there are any 3rd party Reverb effects that can be brought into the discussion for the Premiere Elements Mac user.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
                MarkG77482 Level 1

ATR -

Wow, Thank You for that!  I will follow your advice and try to sample each of these possibilities.  At at glance, it sure looks like the Windows version Reverb is what I'm looking for.  A little more context:  Prior to this, I've been trying to run a consumer-level video editing software by Pinnacle on an "off the shelf" ASUS computer; a software which indeed does have the desired effect; though of mediocre sound quality.  However, I have switched to an HD Canon camcorder and the computer just can't handle it.  Even a hardware upgrade done at Geek Squad proved insufficient.

Not being married to the Mac idea, I will take another look at getting a PC.  I will try to sample first, hoping that the reverb quality of the Premiere Elements software is at least as good as Pinnacle's, which shouldn't be a tall order.

Again - Thank You!!  This has been Great!

Best, Mark

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
                  MarkG77482 Level 1

ATR

Just sent you a response to your latest, but upon sending received an error message.  Hope you got it.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements Sounds effects question
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark

Thanks for the replies. Your messages seem in sequence in your thread, so I think that I have received them all.

Great news that the Reverb information is a good start for making decision on what is best suited for your projects and what works for you.

Typically the Mac version goes missing those "Windows Only" features. Probably top of the list, the Premiere Elements Mac people are none too happy to find that they do not have Chroma Key, Green Screen Key, and the Blue Screen Key.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR