1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 10:14 AM by resdesign

How to play 2 different symbols with one click?

TripleRRR

I've read through several posts that asked similar questions, but none of them seemed to have the exact same issue, and then I just couldn't wrap my head around some of the answers. So I decided to ask my own question.

My button is buried within 2 levels of symbols and I want to play the timeline within my current symbol as well as the timeline in the symbol one level up. This is what my hierarchy looks like - stage / fullRadial / smRadial / button

So within the actual button code, this is what I have now -

sym.play("Blue Spin");

sym.getComposition().getStage().getSymbol("fullRadial").play("Purple Corner");

So I'm trying to play a label within smRadial (the symbol my button is inside of) and I want to play a label in the main symbol as well. Right now, it's skipping my first action ("Blue Spin") and it's only playing my "Purple Corner" label.

Is there something simple I can add to have it play both? Thanks for any help you can give.

Randall

• 1. Re: How to play 2 different symbols with one click?
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Randall,Seems like you have a label with a space between 2 words. This is not possible. Is purple corner a label name? If yes rename your label purpleCorner instead. Same with blue spin.

So is blue spin your button or another symbol or what.

If you have a symbol this way:

Stage/symbol1/symbol1a/button

Assuming symbol1a is an animation with a label named 'start', and the main timeline with a label named 'go', I would use in composition ready

sym.getSymbol("symbol1").getSymbol("symbol1a").$("button").click(function(){

sym.getSymbol("symbol1").getSymbol("symbol1a").play("start");

sym.play("go");

});

Hope this helps.

Sent from Mailbox

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM, TripleRRR <forums_noreply@adobe.com>