1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 3:59 AM by jimkahnw

Write Permission Error Save for Web Adobe CC 2014

beolux Level 1

Upon downloading and installing the recently released CC '14 apps, I've run into a problem with Photoshop CC 2014.

When I click "save for web" in the file menu, it returns an error message of "The operation could not be completed. A write permissions error has occurred."

It seems like a standard permissions error, so I repaired disk permissions, removed plists and prefs from user library, eventually I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it, restarted the computer, all with no progress.

I found another forum for CS5.5 that had a similar issue - with it's resolution being a permissions change on the preferences folder itself. For kicks, I tried this - again no progress.

I need to use the save for web feature. It is not usable on my end. Let's figure this out.

System Specs

Late 2013 iMac 27''

3.5GHz Intel Core i7

32GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB

3.11 TB Fusion Drive

Adobe Photoshop CC (2014)

20140508.r.58 x64

• 1. Re: Write Permission Error Save for Web Adobe CC 2014
          jimkahnw Level 1

I had the same problem. And, I could not migrate settings. I found another thread about the same problem that suggested reset preferences on Photoshop launch, but that didn't work. the post also suggested to reset permissions for the library preference folder. Mine was fine.

But to fix it I had to go to the main library Preferences folder and reset permissions for the Photoshop CC 2014 Paths file and Photoshop CC 2014 Settings folder.

I am disappointed that Adobe shipped an upgrade with such a fundamental flaw. I feel I should say something disparaging and derogatory about Adobe quality control, about how as a loyal customer, using Photoshop since version 2.5 and a CC subscriber I expect better. But, I'll leave those remarks to others.