2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 3:59 AM by Qube

Error installing 2014 versions

JoeReichardt

When trying to upgrade to the 2014 versions of the creative cloud applications the installation fails for some applications. The problem is the new versions are packaged with an old version of the Microsoft C++ support library. Trying to install the selected for support library produces an error message indicating that a newer version is present on the machine.

• 1. Re: Error installing 2014 versions
          ctmosso

I'm having the same problem....all the applications say "Installation Failed", and yet some have actually been installed. I also want to know if we should uninstall the old versions (CC and CC 64-bit) before updating, because rather than upgrading the applications, it just installs alongside them....so now I have 3 versions of Illustrator, 3 versions of PS, etc.

• 2. Re: Error installing 2014 versions
            Qube

I've just experienced this error myself. The trick seems to involve checking the Adobe error logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers, reading the error log (mine was in: Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 8.0.0 06-20-2014.log.gz), unzipping it using a utility like 7-zip and following the instructions in the ERROR message at the bottom.

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\MyID\AppData\Local\Temp\{5AFB5FC6-83B2-4B76-8DED-EC9644A25F19}\AdobeMediaEncode r_8_LS20\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

If you double-click on the "Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe" file, it should repair the offending package and sort out the problem. You can then reboot your computer and look for the Adobe (2014) in your Windows Start menu. On my machine, they were ready and waiting for me and although I've only been using them for a few minutes, they seem to be working with no problems.